Quantcast

Thinking Of Upgrading To KEF Q4's Anyone Got Them?

wokeye

I am thinking of upgrading my KEF Q35's (originals not .2's) to some KEF Q4's has anybody got these? I have only heard them in the Hifi shop and liked the sound of them, but I guess they could sound different home. I think the Q35's are great speakers, the main reason I was thinking of upgrading was mainly because of the looks of the Q4 and they have such a small footprint, very compact for a floorstander. I have a fairly small room and I think these would look much better, also they are magnetically shielded (like the Q35) which is a big plus as one of them is close to the TV. I am just using them as a stereo pair as I do not have surround sound. Anyone else on here got these speakers? I would also hope they sound a bit better than the original Q35's difficult to tell in the shop as it was a crap listening room :rolleyes:

Dfour

you could always ask them if you could take them home for a trial or if you could bring in your 35's to play them against. those are the best options really IMHO.

wokeye

Ok thanks for the advice guys, I think I may try and get these speakers on home trial. I just love the look of these speakers..

Dfour

Yeah they do look great and so much smaller/sleeker than the q5's. Much more WAF friendly :D

Barend

Novice Member
What I like about them (I use them as surrounds) is the absence of the slight boominess in the upper bass of the Q5 and Q7.
Good Luck

wokeye

Think I will get a set as my local dealer is selling them for £340 which sounds quite good to me! Unless anyone knows any cheaper online retailer, as I cannot find them any cheaper so far ;) And at least they will not be destroyed during transit as the last DVD player I bought off the net looked like it had an anvil dropped on it during shipping :rolleyes: Got it replaced, but put me off a little :)