1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking Of Upgrading To KEF Q4's Anyone Got Them?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by wokeye, May 6, 2004.

1. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I am thinking of upgrading my KEF Q35's (originals not .2's) to some KEF Q4's has anybody got these? I have only heard them in the Hifi shop and liked the sound of them, but I guess they could sound different home. I think the Q35's are great speakers, the main reason I was thinking of upgrading was mainly because of the looks of the Q4 and they have such a small footprint, very compact for a floorstander. I have a fairly small room and I think these would look much better, also they are magnetically shielded (like the Q35) which is a big plus as one of them is close to the TV. I am just using them as a stereo pair as I do not have surround sound. Anyone else on here got these speakers? I would also hope they sound a bit better than the original Q35's difficult to tell in the shop as it was a crap listening room :rolleyes:

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    you could always ask them if you could take them home for a trial or if you could bring in your 35's to play them against. those are the best options really IMHO.

3. dbanugo

dbanugo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have these and for the size it's not bad at all

4. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Ok thanks for the advice guys, I think I may try and get these speakers on home trial. I just love the look of these speakers..

5. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Yeah they do look great and so much smaller/sleeker than the q5's. Much more WAF friendly :D

6. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    What I like about them (I use them as surrounds) is the absence of the slight boominess in the upper bass of the Q5 and Q7.
    Good Luck

7. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Think I will get a set as my local dealer is selling them for £340 which sounds quite good to me! Unless anyone knows any cheaper online retailer, as I cannot find them any cheaper so far ;) And at least they will not be destroyed during transit as the last DVD player I bought off the net looked like it had an anvil dropped on it during shipping :rolleyes: Got it replaced, but put me off a little :)