Thinking of purchasing a US 360, after advice please...

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Tokoloshe Man, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Tokoloshe Man

Tokoloshe Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Hi guys and gals, am after some advice please. I am thinking of purchasing a US Xbox 360 and am after any comments from people who either have one already or who have had one or anyone with any opinions on importing.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are reference either the benefits or downfalls of having an import machine. I know that you can have a UK Xbox live account on an import machine so that's ok.

I like American sports games and would be buying one for mainly this purpose, there are lots of region free games now including popular titles like GOW, GRAW2, Vegas etc so again thats not a problem.

Like I said anyone with any comments/opinions on owning an improt 360 please post them here, I am interested in everyones opinions good or bad.

2. Scuttlerx

Scuttlerx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    The main bad point I can think of is warranty issues, as from what I hear you basically dont have one....

If the 360's had a gleaming reputation wouldnt be much of a worry, but im sure you know how that story goes.

Good point is the exchange rate is awesome, although customs tax etc has a habit of clawing back a lot of the savings youve made.

3. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    yeah,no warranty,most games arent region free,movies wont work,etc.
    i wouldnt,TBH,not worth it.
    just get a uk one,and buy the region free games.