• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Thinking of leaving Sky and joining Netflix 4K

zed4

Hi,

I’m thinking of ditching Sky, so I’m weighing up my options. One option is to buy a new 4K UHD TV with Netflix 4K.

The savings from leaving Sky will easily cover the Netflix monthly payments and still leave me over £30 better off. Ok, I will have to pay off the TV, but over the course of two years the savings would have nearly paid for the upgrade to the new TV.

But is it worth leaving Sky for Netflix? I haven’t used Freeview or Freesat for ages, but I would think most of the channels I watch are on there. And anything else (usually Amercian stuff) I could get on Netflix I’d imagine. I’m not sure what I’d actually miss from Sky. The only thing I would miss would be F1. But I just don’t think it’s worth the cost just for F1.

So, am I missing something? Should I keep Sky? Will I really miss Sky 1 and Sky Atlantic? Will I miss the easy user interface? The new TVs seem to come integrated with Netflix and Freeplay, so it all seems quite easy to use.

Help me decide please! I plan on trying some new TVs at the weekend. I’ve never used Netflix, so I might try their free month on that too. So far I’m looking at the Panasonic TX-55CX802. I will be replacing my TS-P55VT30.

Thanks,

Dan

lee667

Distinguished Member
If you have a console or blu ray player with nowtv on then you can get sky Atlantic for less than £12 for 3 months using the pre pay cards for the entertainment package they do

Dave in Wales

Novice Member
I was considering the same thing but after perusing the NF catalogue I may well stick with Sky Movies.
I was very disappointed at the NF range of films, similar in many respects to the B and C class movies available on Sky.
Films such as the 'Alien' series and Avatar were just not there, nor were many of my other favourites.

BTW...Just bought a Panasonic TX-55CX802...OVER THE MOON DAN, OVER THE MOON :clap:
FWIW...Curry's gave me £300 PX against my old TV.

Last edited:

zed4

I was considering the same thing but after perusing the NF catalogue I may well stick with Sky Movies.
I was very disappointed at the NF range of films, similar in many respects to the B and C class movies available on Sky.
Films such as the 'Alien' series and Avatar were just not there, nor were many of my other favourites.

BTW...Just bought a Panasonic TX-55CX802...OVER THE MOON DAN, OVER THE MOON :clap:
FWIW...Curry's gave me £300 PX against my old TV.

Thanks. I don't have Sky Movies, so no loss there. I suppose I need to see how many programs I watch are Sky specific.

Good to hear you're happy with the Panasonic. I'm considering this, or maybe the LG 4K OLED 55", although it's another £1200!

1080 jawbreaker

check filmefy.com, it contains all the films available on Netflix from around the world regions vastly increasing the selection

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom