Question Thinking of joining BT, but is it worth it?

Discussion in 'BT Broadband' started by la gran siete, Jul 3, 2015.

1. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,984
    the package that caught my attention is the Unlimited BT Infinity 1 + Weekend Calls one which at £12.50 pm plus line rental over 12 month contract period, seems a good deal except when I read the terms and condiments where its says they reserve the right to increase that charge whenever they want to, which kind of contradicts the offer. Seems to be more of a sprat too catch a mackerel.Get as many subscribers as they can and then whack up the prices.I have also heard their customer relations are pretty poor in fact worse than my current ISP - Talk Talk.My contract with them runs out tomorrow and I am tempted but I dont want to jump ship and then find myself saddled with an ISP I am obliged to stick with for a 12 month period

2. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,984
    Just phoned them and it seems any possible rises only pertain to the line rental

3. Enki

Enki
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    You should be able to leave if any price rise within your contract period is above inflation, normally 30 day notice is needed.

To be honest they are all much of a muchness, those ISPs who use national structure in my opinion. Talk Talk BT, SKY etc. You will have to take your chances with script monkey customer support. I'm with plusnet ( BT Sheffield) at the moment but been with all the above and more, just whore them!

There are smaller ISPs that offer British based bespoke support with good turn around time in fixing problems, you will pay big premium for these.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015