Thinking of going to one of the European Grand Prix...

Discussion in 'Sport' started by davepuma, Jun 9, 2008.

1. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,503
    I'm considering going to one of the GP this season. Has anyone used one of the travel companies that organise the lot i.e. travel/hotels/tickets? Can anyone recommend one track over the rest for the experience, ease of getting there, cheap beer etc.!! ? Looking at my work schedule, I have the option of Spa, Monza or Budapest. We considered Monza last year but it didn't work out.

2. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,370
    I have been to Spa (1992) and Monza (1999) and went with Page and Moy on both occasions. The trip in 92 was great and to be fair (apart from the bloke who took the tour) so was the '99 trip. The tour bloke we went with in '99 had a few favourites who he spent all his time with and everyone else were just a hassle to him basically. He was really just a complete arse and it was a shame as I wouldn't personally use Page & Moy again after that (even though everything else they do is good). He even almost left us after the race at Monza and we had to bang on the side of the bus as it was pulling off for him to let us on. :rolleyes: We left the circuit just after the race finished as well so couldn't have really got back any quicker, unless we left before the end (which when you've paid £200 for a ticket you don't want to do!).

If I was to recommend one to go to then i'd probably say Spa. It's a fantastic circuit to walk round and you generally stay in Brussels, which is a fantastic city! Get those yards of Stella in :devil:.

3. domtheone

domtheone
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,813
    Been to Spa twice but only to track my car and not to watch the F1.:thumbsup:

Some lovely spots to spectate by the looks of it.

Truly fantastic circuit. Eau Rouge has to be seen to be believed. It's so steep:eek: Must be truly amazing to see an F1 car tackle it and probably worth the admission price alone:D