Thinking of getting Xbox 360

adriandg

Novice Member
Just been round my mates and had a go of his Xbox 360, especially playing Xbox live.

I've got my PC upstairs and want to have the Xbox downstairs in the living room, so I was thinking of using a wireless router for the two. What is the best one with regards to price and performance. Also what would be the best wireless card for the PC and where is the cheapest place to get the wireless adapter for the xbox?

My other question is, Downs stairs I've got a SAMSUNG LE32R41BDX HD ready TV which I want to connect the xbox too using the component cables to utilise the HD for the games. However I'm using the component cables for my DVD, so what would be a good component control box which wouldn't degrade either signal? One last thing is there a control box that would allow you to have one component input and several component outputs and also have HDMI inputs and several HDMI outputs, as I'm thinking there will be a time in the not too distant future when I will need extra HDMI inputs so I may as well do it now.

Ahhhh one last thing (honest) do Microsoft have any plans to use a HDMI input instead of the Component?

Cheers for any help

Ade

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Well you could buy an amp/receiver if you want video switching. The Denon 3806 offers component as well as HDMI switching.

triplea4uk

I would say wait to get xb360 the price will drop and shops will start doing better deals with like games bundled

Northerner76

Novice Member
I use the DLink DL-624 Wireless Super G Router (108Mbps): http://www.dlink.co.uk/?go=jN7uAYLx/oIJaWVUDLYZU93ygJVYLelXSNvhLPG3yV3oUYl2haltbNlwaaRp7D4sAmu5j3cf/YEMAM7n1aDpKUsRtujQ and then have the Xbox 360 connected to the Dlink DWL-G810 wireless super G access point: http://www.dlink.co.uk/?go=jN7uAYLx/oIJaWVUDLYZU93ygJVYLelXSNvhLPG3yV3oUYl9j6ltbNlwaaRp7D4sAmu5j3cf/YEMAM7k3qXkL0cWsu7f - this works VERY well.

Not sure about the component switcher - sorry.

As for HDMI - not as far as I am aware, however they do plan to create a HD-DVD drive add on to allow HD Movie Playback - this will have a HDMI out on it... but it could just be limited to movie playback...

adriandg said:
Just been round my mates and had a go of his Xbox 360, especially playing Xbox live.

I've got my PC upstairs and want to have the Xbox downstairs in the living room, so I was thinking of using a wireless router for the two. What is the best one with regards to price and performance. Also what would be the best wireless card for the PC and where is the cheapest place to get the wireless adapter for the xbox?

My other question is, Downs stairs I've got a SAMSUNG LE32R41BDX HD ready TV which I want to connect the xbox too using the component cables to utilise the HD for the games. However I'm using the component cables for my DVD, so what would be a good component control box which wouldn't degrade either signal? One last thing is there a control box that would allow you to have one component input and several component outputs and also have HDMI inputs and several HDMI outputs, as I'm thinking there will be a time in the not too distant future when I will need extra HDMI inputs so I may as well do it now.

Ahhhh one last thing (honest) do Microsoft have any plans to use a HDMI input instead of the Component?

Cheers for any help

Ade

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom