• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Thinking of buying new Xbox Hard Drive

Beany31

Distinguished Member
Got a few questions regarding this. I have my Xbox under insurance with Currys. This wouldn't void any insurance if I changed the hard drive would it?

Also, it's a 20gb hard drive that I have, I want a 60gb hard drive as I need the space. All I have on my current HDD is gamesaves, DLC from COD and marketplace and small things like that.

I would like to transfer that data to a new hard drive / second hand drive but have no idea how.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mr Noble

Distinguished Member
Won't affect warranty mate as the hard drives are detachable so you can upgrade whenever you wan't :smashin:, if something happens to your xbox though and you have to take it back to the shop , don't give them the larger hard drive just get the actual console swapped :)

To transfer your data you need the migration cable , available from Microsft for £10 or join the forum bike on here

Beany31

Distinguished Member
Won't affect warranty mate as the hard drives are detachable so you can upgrade whenever you wan't :smashin:, if something happens to your xbox though and you have to take it back to the shop , don't give them the larger hard drive just get the actual console swapped :)

To transfer your data you need the migration cable , available from Microsft for £10 or join the forum bike on here
Ah yeah I know about not giving them back the hard drive :D

Ermm are there instructions with the Data Migration cable?

GeneStarwind

Standard Member
I've seen hard drives for cheaper on DealExtreme but they're not the official products. The migration cable is pretty much the only way to go about it.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom