Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Thinking of buying Denon AVR-770SD - Opinions?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Hamilton10, Apr 14, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Hamilton10

Hamilton10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm seriously considering buying one of these slimline beauties. Has anyone any opinions on the performance?

The looks and space saving are certainly a big pro for me. I saw the recent review in What Hi-Fi, but as usual I'm taking that with a pinch of salt!

Any real world experienced would be useful. I'm thinking of combining the amp with a Pioneer 565A universal player and Tannoy FX 5.1s.

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Isn't there a matching DVD player along with the 770SD?

I think it also has progressive scan as well, it may be better to go for that than the Pioneer, one less remote to worry about as well.

As for the amp, supposed to be very good, can't say you would go wrong with it.

But I don't think those speakers would do it justice, you could look at the first gen KEF eggs, which are knocking around at half the original price now.