1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of buying a Sony KV-28CS70...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mburhan, Nov 5, 2004.

1. mburhan

mburhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya:

I'm thinking of buying a new 28inch 100Hz television and have (almost) decided on the Sony KV-28CS70.

However, I have read a lot of horror stories on the Net about 100Hz and all the mess it causes in terms of colour bleeds around screen objects, artifacts, blurrings etc. especially with fast moving objects and horizontal scrolling texts on the screen.

I'd want to get a 100Hz tele. and because of our room size have decided on a 28 inch. Unfortunately Sony's "flag-ship" CRT, the DX200, which has both PicturePower and 100Hz PLUS and a built-in digital Freeview receiver, is quite expensive (cheapest I've seen is for approx. £800) and Sony don't do a 28inch version of their FQ86!
    So really the only other 28inch 100Hz tele. from Sony is the CS70 (for £457 @ the Currys website).

Can anyone please tell me how good the 28CS70 is, and whether or not it suffers from all the usual 100Hz problems?

Or is it better to and fork out an extra £350 for a DX200?

All help and advice would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance.
    MBurhan

2. ventoboy1000

ventoboy1000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mburhan,
    As far as I am aware, the Sony KV28CS70 is a 100hz tv.
    If you have a look at the following Sony wbesite link, the tv has 100hz picture processing and digital noise reduction.
    http://www.sony.co.uk/ShowProduct.d...gory=TVP+Widescreen+16x9+TV&product=KV-28CS70

The kd28dx200 has DRC(Digital Reality Creation) picture processing and has a freeview tuner built in.
    I have the 32inch version of the DX200 and imho it is a very good set.
    With regards to the price, have you looked at other websites eg John Lewis, Unbeatable.co.uk or Empiredirect.co.uk.
    Hope this helps