Thinking of buying a Sharp 52" LC-52XD1E

J

joshuashughes20

First off I know NOTHING about tv's all i know is how big they are...Im 16 btw.
My family has recently come into some money and I want a 52" LCD Sharp
LC- 52 XD 1E to put on my wall. Price is not a problem however i want to know if this tv will be able to display with My PS3 and my Xbox360 in full HD quality...Can it?
Also will it take a lot of effort to set it up? ( Plugging in the ps3 cables nad 360 cables is a sinch. I know that ) However is there any other complex stuff?
It seems a very decent tv - And good that its an LCD sicne i DONT want screen burn...Does the TV come with a Wall mount, a stand or both?
Thanks a lot,

JOSH

All lcd's come with stand.The 52XD1 is an excellent tv.But maybe the set is faulty and has banding.Have a look at the brand new Sony KDL-52X3500 which will be the best 52" lcd!!!

Banding? What is banding?

EDIT: Is this tv out?

Verical or horizontial lines passing around while the tv playing!!The 52X3500 will be in 2 moths released

Well I want to get a tv NOW not in two months...
Is this banding problem common?

Hmmm,yes its common.But have a look at the Sony KDL-52X2000 is as good as sharp,old model(the X3500 replace the X2000),but it can be found at a very good price!!!

4000 pounds - GOOD PRICE!?

Anyway can that Sony KDL-52X2000 play ps3 and xbox360 games in high def?

Well I want to get a tv NOW not in two months...
Is this banding problem common?

try and get the same model sharp as that but with an A on the end,these sets do not genarally have banding where as the xdie did i have the 42 and its awesome yes you will get the full 1080p out of it with the ps3 but not the 360 unless you have the elite in which case you will get the full 1080.the black levels on these sharps are awesome for lcd,where as the sonys are known for clouding.my 42 came with the stand detached but thats better cause it went straight up on the wall it sais u need to buy a special wall mount from sharp but ive just used my own one which i had my 47 regza on.

First off I know NOTHING about tv's all i know is how big they are...Im 16 btw.
My family has recently come into some money and I want a 52" LCD Sharp
LC- 52 XD 1E to put on my wall. Price is not a problem however i want to know if this tv will be able to display with My PS3 and my Xbox360 in full HD quality...Can it?
Also will it take a lot of effort to set it up? ( Plugging in the ps3 cables nad 360 cables is a sinch. I know that ) However is there any other complex stuff?
It seems a very decent tv - And good that its an LCD sicne i DONT want screen burn...Does the TV come with a Wall mount, a stand or both?
Thanks a lot,

JOSH

Hi Josh,

To answer your questions:

Yes the Sharp LC52XD1E will be able to display your PS3 Hi Def.
The Xbox 360 will also be shown in Hi Def but some people have had problems with the Xbox 360 if you use component
leads. The tv will convert the 1080P signal to 1080I but unless you have a keen eye you probably wont notice this. Some owners have had problems with the screen going blank when playing their Xbox 360 when connected by component leads but this can be cured if it occurs by replacing the adaptor that comes with the TV.
Dont worry about screen burn (image retention) on LCD TV's too much as this is rare (unlike plasma tv's). A good tip is to use your TV for a day or so before hooking it up to a PS3/Xbox because image retention will nomally occur when the TV is new.
As for the mounting/stand, it comes with a small stand as standard that you can remove if you want to wall mount it. The stand however is only designed to hold the screen in a verticle position and you will need a glass or wooden stand for you to view it at a normal height or buy a wall mount.
Some of these screens have suffered from Banding (bands of slightly different shades of what should be the same colour). If you notice this on your new TV just return it and ask for a replacement.

Its a good Tv and the picture qulaity is very good in my opinion. Other people may recommennd other TV's on here even when they have not seen them in the flesh or before they have even been released. If the Sharp or any other TV looks good to your eyes then you cant go wrong.

Good luck with the new toy!

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the posts guys...One final question ( Hopefully :p ).
Is this banding all that bad? Does it really disrupt the screen so much to the point its not playable? I really want a 52" and the best to me seems to be the Sharp 52XD1E. Also somebody mentioned a version with an A in front of it? Can somebody write the complete model name please?

EDIT: Is this the Aquos?

The model is 52XD1EA.It is newer model than 51XD1E and supposed to cure banding!!(however there are some banding reports)

The model is 52XD1EA.It is newer model than 51XD1E and supposed to cure banding!!(however there are some banding reports)

I tried to find that model you mentioned but to no avail...Can you post me a link with its specs please?

Me too.The EA model seems to be only on 42" and 46".I thought that since I saw that post about 51XD1E.So the only model is the simple 52XD1E.It has banding.So maybe your set be faulty.Anyway,if its not you will really love the tv

Well im gonna risk it and get a Sharp 52" Lc-52XD1E. Thanks a lot for all the info guys! Ill reply to say if its got banding or not.

:)

Josh

Only the 42" was ever changed to an A version. All the others are still just E.

Most of these sets are completely fine & only the 42" had a high proportion of banding problems hence having its panel changed in the A version.

If you are unlucky enough to get a set with banding (less than 5%) then Sharp will exchange it for you.

You might also like to check their website for 2 new models that should be out by the end of September (fingers crossed).

LC52X20E and LC52XL2E.

The start of a thread with some specs is here also.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605801

Well im gonna risk it and get a Sharp 52" Lc-52XD1E. Thanks a lot for all the info guys! Ill reply to say if its got banding or not.

:)

Josh
great choice banding may not affect you i had it on my toshiba but the misses never could see it,so it may bother some but not all.All i can say is my 42 has no banding whatsoever and its brilliant for the 360.

Hey buddy im also 16 and got a ps3 whats your PSN?
downstairs we have the 42" Sharp XD1E and OMG you have never seen a picture like this before, in my opinion it dose 8/10 with Standard Def images and a 9.5 with HD images. Great TV, you cant go wrong!

Hey buddy im also 16 and got a ps3 whats your PSN?
downstairs we have the 42" Sharp XD1E and OMG you have never seen a picture like this before, in my opinion it dose 8/10 with Standard Def images and a 9.5 with HD images. Great TV, you cant go wrong!
Today 9:52 AM

hey thats awesome! Add me on msn and we can talk :) I have pm'ed you my MSN.

Only the 42" was ever changed to an A version. All the others are still just E.

Most of these sets are completely fine & only the 42" had a high proportion of banding problems hence having its panel changed in the A version.

If you are unlucky enough to get a set with banding (less than 5%) then Sharp will exchange it for you.

You might also like to check their website for 2 new models that should be out by the end of September (fingers crossed).

LC52X20E and LC52XL2E.

The start of a thread with some specs is here also.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605801

Just out of interest, where did you get the "less than 5% with banding" info from ??

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom