Thinking of buying a Panny, read this first!

Well,
2.30pm Spoke to Panasonic - its a return to Panasonic fix, not an in home fix after all! It took nearly 3 weeks to come to that conclusion.......but wait.....
5.00pm Spoke to Panasonic - its an in home fix again. The parts are out of stock, could be next week earliest.

I guess anything could happen tommorrow, except getting the bloody thing repaired.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The panel keeps shutting down ie. going to flashing red led. Only way back is to switch off and switch on again. Even with the power settings turned down or off (input level -32, peak limit on, all the power save options on) it still only lasts 15 mins or so. With the full settings up for best pq it shuts down in seconds. The power pcb it would seem.

Originally posted by nobbydog
Aparrantley I must deal with the manufacturer direct! However, they will try the rep and call me later (I DOUBT).
[/B]

anything?

Yep, got a call from Sevenoaks later in the afternoon. No mention of the rep. They had spoken to the person at Panasonic 'dealing' with my repair. Just re-iterated that although they were happy to assist by putting the first call in to Panasonic on the Monday morning, it was basically up to me to chase, which, as I said before, I was initially happy to do, so that I could keep the heat on Panasonic myself, but thats made no difference to date.
However, I maintain, as said by others here, that the retailer should take the heat off the customer and do ALL the chasing.
Nevertheless, I did get a good deal from Sevenoaks, but really I think whether it was a good deal or not is irrelevant when it comes to a problem getting a basic repair done to a £3k screen 4 months after purchase, a repair that is still outstanding 4 WEEKS after being reported.

PM sent, good luck!

Hi,

I received this link in our inbox this morning, i am sorry to hear your having problems with one of the sevenoaks stores.

Please do not tar us all with the same brush, most of the stores are franchises and offer different products along with (unfortunatley) varying levels of sevice.

I hope you get sorted out soon!

Good luck.

I to am a Sevenoaks bod and had this link in my in box this morning with the mesage.
you people should be ashamed of yourselves, i certainly shant be buying any more products from you and certainly not recommending you to anyone.
I joined up this morning to see what I had done wrong to find out it was not my store. I can only echo what has been said above. I know this is of no help to the original poster, but we are not all bad.

Once again sorry to hear you are having problems and I hope they get sorted soon.

Andrew,
Sevenoaks Leicester.

Best not to generalise too far about such a dealership. I bought my Panasonic pw4 from Oxford Sevenoaks 2 1/2 years ago and they were very good. The guy involved, Jason, price matched the lowest internet price because I bought speakers and amp too and they wanted to get the plasma sales moving. But then they drove the unit 50 miles and connected everything up in our house, and this wasn't even part of the deal. They have helpful since then too so I feel duty bound to mention this.

I have a jacket and it's shoulders are made of Teflon...

Nobbydog, I must confess I am slightly surprised by your attitude towards Sevenoaks, especially when elsewhere in the forums you have contradicted yourself. You said that you didn't buy at Internet prices, but in the forum 'Calling all Yamaha 640 Owners' you wrote:

"100% happy. I must admit I did not demo any other amp/receiver/speaker combinations as looks/price/reviews really steered towards the set up, and a demo at Sevenoaks convinced me I was getting value for money."

and

" I did demo the 640 & eggs before buying, choosing the 640 on the basis of price (£300 price-matched at Sevenoaks). The demo was superb, one of the main reasons for the choice (along with the HK DVD25) was to keep 'er-in-doors' happy with decent cd playback quality, which it certainly is."

I have been a Sevenoaks customer for years and have always found them to be helpful and understanding, I must admit to being very surprised that you are not receiving good service from them, they certainly helped in making the decision for you on the purchase.

Interesting - I didn't know Sevenoaks was a franchise. OK, fair enough, I'll specify that it was Sevenoaks in Birmingham who gave me dreadful service (see above).

OTOH, MacDonalds is a franchise and their level of service is pretty constant to my mind ...

keef. ;)

I'm not jumpimg to all of the Sevenoaks branches defence but my own personal history with them has been at the very least completely satisfactory. I have been a happy customer of the Holborn branch for three years now and am so surprised to hear of your disgruntled service. In my capacity that I have dealt with them (and I have spoken to quite a few of their other branches on my travels) I have never had cause to complain...in fact...quite the opposite. and on occassion they have really gone out on a limb for me, at their cost.I do hope you get it sorted out though. Good luck. Have you tried emailing the head office branch ?

I bought repeatedly from 7Oaks in Manchester and had very good service in many respects, they did however recommend Fujitsu strongly partly due to FJ customer service.
The manchester branch even took a REL Q400 apart and had it resprayed for me very cheaply. The service was nearly as good as the service I received from AV-SALES !

Good luck with the 1 hour repair, when it finally happens,

Steve

Good work, B-Y-M (new member?, hmm, thinks I know whats going on here!)
Anyway, you have obvioulsy searched long and hard to find quotes from the dim and distant past referrring to Sevenoaks - what do you do for a living, you're not a politician in your spare time are you??
Not sure how I am contradicting myself, I did say that I was happy with the service re. the demo etc (as you rightly point out) & I have gone on to say in this post that I doubted I would receive a return call based on previous experience since the purchase (no point going into detail) - two different issues here, pre-sales and after sales with two different opinions, where's the contradiction?

Seems to be a lot of new members who have registered in March who are singing Sevenoaks praises!!

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm!!

Totally agree with AV Geeza and was going to post similar remark yesterday, but thought "better not coz I'm not sure of the rules"

Sevenoaks - shame on you

Nobbydog,

New to the entire AV world if the truth is told. I bought my first AV system not long ago, perviously a '2-Channel Bore'. I stumbled across the forum and was particularly interested since I have the Yamaha/Kef combo that you have, so have kept an eye on your postings.

For a living, I am a postman. Its a shame that people cannot log in and issue their opinion unless thay have submitted >100 posts without it looking 'suspicious'.

Unbelievable.

I'm a new member but I'm innocent too, so give us a break folks! Time to tune the paranoia down I think

No hard feelings B-Y-M, hope you didn't take offence. Its just a tad frustrating when you've just spent 4 weeks trying to get a 15 minute repair sorted and all the plain English in the world gets you absolutely nowhere (mainly with Panasonic Customer care I hasten to add). I must say I have since had another call from Sevenoaks, Swindon, and am now happy they have gone on to try and pull a few strings towards the end of last week.

Anyway, and most importantly - ITS BEEN FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The letter I sent, and a call Friday am from Panasonic saying I had to wait a further week was the final straw - I got Mrs Dog to call Panasonic and they submitted (probably within seconds!). Result being that the repair was done this morning.
Thank-you and goodnight...................

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom