1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of buying a Harmony H655 but not sure yet....

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Skip67, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Skip67

Skip67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have posted similar elsewhere but wondered if a new thread may get a slightly quicker response. Apologies if you've read this bilge somewhere else from me..... :blush:

I'm looking for a family friendly type unit but am concerned that the remote may not utilise all my equipment. (I've never had a universal remote before, so bear with me.... :cool: )

I have a Pioneer PDP-434HDE plasma, Arcam DV-79 DVD, Yamaha DSP-A1 AMP and a Sky+ box. I also have an old Panasonic NV-HD600 VCR.

Will the Harmony 655 run all the functions or my amp or just the main ones ? I assume that I will still have to use the Sky remote for the Sky+ functions or is the Harmony capable of that as well ?

Sorry to sound a bit dense but, as I said, this will be my first Universal remote purchase.

Cheers.

2. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    From what I can remember, you can do most of the SKy+ functions. The Harmony has the coloured buttons and I am pretty sure it is easy to program buttons like backup etc.

Check out the powerbuy thread!