1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking ahead..best way to connect everybodys devices for hd

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sparkymarky, Dec 3, 2004.

1. sparkymarky

sparkymarky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    As HD seems to be evolving as the way forward, I have been thinking ahead as how everything will be connected.

Most people will have a Plasma, SKY, dvd player and a games console.

What will be the best way to connect all these to get Hi-def from them all (inc SKY)??

Will it be daisychaining each device or some sort of HDMI box with many inputs and one output so that you only have to rig up one wire to a plasma? Indeed does such a way exist at the moment with regard to inputting all hdmi devices into one device (scaler perhaps??)

2. Master Rahl

Master Rahl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My TV only connects to the MythTV box beside it. A MythTV server in the basement serves HDTV from digital cable and digital satellite. The computer can play a regular DVD, or a WMV HD DVD. Hence, only one input needed.

I think a lot of these devices are going to merge.

3. ccparkhill

ccparkhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Sky have said some of their Hi-Def channels will only be available via HDCP HDMI or DVI. Budget HDMI DVD players are already appearing and I would think PSX3 and Xbox Next would support it (if not component). HDMI switiching AV amps can't be too far off either.