1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about upgrading from 26" - 32"

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Pezerinno, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Hi, I have a Sharp LC-26GA4E and have done for around 1 month. I'm at uni and am sharing a flat so it is in my bedroom however come september I will have my own flat so the telly will be in the lounge and I'm thinking a bigger telly would be much better - I'd say 32" would be the size to go for. One thing I'm a little worried about is moving the tv from uni to home (parents) which is about 2 1/2 hour drive as I'd have to do this every summer and bring it back in september.

I would want the tv to have DVI-D and scart output, I don't actually have anything connected via other sockets. I'd say the Philips 8896 is the best LCD to go for (I don't want the quality to go down from the Sharp, and I'd say Sharps quality is up there with the best). The only problem with the Philips is the size of the thing - being a meter wide :eek: which could be a problem when sticking it in the car with all my other a/v stuff.

The other thing that worries me about upgrading is I've only just bought this LCD and the Philips is quite expensive (although I'd be happy to buy second hand). Also how much do you think I could get for the sharp? Assuming it is in mint conidition (the only problem being I got rid of the box :rolleyes: ) I would sell the sharp in July. I'd be looking for a 32" LCD in September.

Are there other LCD's I should be looking at, or 32" plasma's even?

Thanks, Nick.

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I'm pretty sure that there will be more LCDs coming our before September so just like you researched so much and decided on that 26GA4, you'll have to do it again for the new 32".

Richie.

3. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Yeah I'm sure you're right Richie. I could do with your telly though... :p