Thinking about replacing 40" Samsung with 43". Sensible?

endure

Novice Member
I have a Samsung UE40JU6400 40" 4K which I bought in 2016 and which I'm thinking of replacing. I use it for general viewing (mostly via a Virgin Tivo box), some Disney+ and Amazon Prime. I use a Fire Cube V2 for Disney+.

I watch in the evenings with dimmed lighting.

I've read threads on here recommending nothing smaller than 50" but unfortunately I'm constrained to a maximum size of 43". I'd like a TV with a full range of apps rather than having to use the Fire Cube.

The Hisense A7G 43" looks quite appealing for the price. Is it a sensible move to buy this or should I not bother?

endure

Novice Member
Edited to add I sit directly in front of the Samsung and am not worried about viewing angles.

tvdavid

if your tvs OK prob not bother or get a fire cube unless getting a tv like this

even then HDR would not be the best.
but would be worth getting if tv is playing up.

Dodgexander

I personally wouldn't bother, H6400 still a great TV and most of the benefit you get when changing TVs nowadays is with HDR, something all cheaper TVs can't do properly.

Wait for 42" OLEDs, or hope the price of the 43" QN90 to come down in price which is really the only TV that comes close to being able to deliver a decent HDR picture now.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom