Thinking about joining Be*

derek1971

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of joining Be*. I am currently with Virgin (adsl) and not very happy.

I will mostly use the connection for online gaming via PS3 and Xbox 360 with a bit of general surfing and the occasional large download. Are there any know issues with Be* in that regard?

The main problem i have with Virgin is the very high pings especially between 4pm and midnight. Again can someone put my mind at rest that this wouldn't be a problem with Be*.

In particular is anyone connected to Be* via the Douglas exchange in Glasgow who could post a tracert or pathping test result for me to look at?

Any comments greatfully received.

Freedom2surf is a smaller company, so its ping rating is very good all day (i've been playing online PS3 most days thanks to easter) can't help you about Be*

I am connected to the London Greenwich exchange with Be*. I live approximately 1.3miles from the exchange and get a ping rate of approximately 35ms, though my PS3 is connected via Ethernet rather than wirelessly.

Be is great. The connection is reliable and service is alot better. They are always wanting to help.

Try visiting the unofficial Be user forum for advice about your particular exchange - www.dontbethere.co.uk

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom