• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Thinking about Freesat, what will I need?

s_inman

Hi,

I am going to purchase 2 freesat boxes, 1 normal box and 1 HD box. I have a sky dish on my house but the lnb has only 1 output. How easy is it to change the LNB? Also where is best to buy the LNB and what king of cable will I need?

Thanks in advance.

Stuart.

CanaryPhil

Stuart, it is very easy to change the LNB, but make sure you get one to fit a sky type dish, as the mounting is different to the normal european ones. They can be ordered from EBay or I use www.satcure.com. They can also supply the RG6 cable and connectors.
Good Luck
Phil.

Simon Kemp

Dear Stuart,
At the risk of telling you something that you already know, and hence causing annoyance, I assume you are aware that a High Definition Freesat satellite receiver box (priced at around £140 - £150) is also a Standard Definition receiver?
This must be so because there are currently only 2 1/2 High Definition channels on Freesat - counting Luxe TV as a full channel and ITV HD as half a channel, which might be a trifle generous.
There is no point paying another £40 - £50 for an SD receiver once you've bought the HD variety.
Hope you don't mind me making this point.
Best regards.
Yours sincerely,
Simon Kemp
S. KEMP

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom