Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Think my Tosh 32ZD26P has a dodgy scart socket

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Willy, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, a while back I was experiencing some problems with my Tosh image 'jerking' when playing Pro Evolution Soccer 2 (I posted a topic on this called "Pro Evolution Soccer scrolling jerks!" in the Video games section).

Well, it seems I have found out what is causing it - it's the scart sockets!

My Playstation 2 image is fine coming from one of the scart sockets (no.1), but when the PS2 is plugged into one of the other 2 it becomes really fuzzy and the jerkiness occurs in PES2. Since the Tosh is supposed to have 2 RGB scart sockets, I guess it's not simply a case of it working better with RGB.

So then it looks like I have a couple of dodgy scart sockets. Does anybody know what is involved in sorting this out? I'd like to get it fixed, but if they have to take the TV away to do it then I'm not sure it's worth it.

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks...

2. chiwan

chiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 32zd26 and 36zd26 (the one I've got) have only 1 RGB scart socket which is Ext 1

3. YellowCows

YellowCows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Toshiba's ENTIRE line of CRT's and RPTV's only feature 1 RGB-capable scart input. Instead of the other one, in most cases, they provide component-ins (so, if you can, and in your case, willy, you can - the PS2 has an adaptor for component-out - USE 'EM).

You were trying to plug it in the other sockets which can accept either composite, or S-video, but NOT RGB.

Cheers

Moory

4. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help guys. Turns out I'm a fool and have been wasting mine and everyone else's time! Oops. :blush:

Cheers.

PS. Watched my first DVD on it last night. It was Monsters Inc, and the picture quality is frankly stunning. It was playing through my Xbox, and wasn't using progressive scan. God knows how good it's going to look when I start viewing with a decent DVD & prog scan.

5. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Err, I can't find one anywhere! Amazon had one but it's out of stock. What one do you have and where did you get it? Cheers.

6. YellowCows

YellowCows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry, Willy,

I haven't got a PS2 - don't have the patience for games anymore, I'm afraid. i just know that all the super-consoles - PS2, Xbox, GC - have adaptors for component cables.

Let me do a search for you...be back in a sec..

7. YellowCows

YellowCows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  8. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much mate. I was looking for them earlier but they seem very thin on the ground in the UK. :)