1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Think my 8RDA+ has popped it's clogs

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Desmo, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,764
    I've sifted through numerous threads here and on other sites and I can't see anything else to try. The error code FF is showing on the LED. I've got nothing attached, not even the CPU now. Whatever combination of stuff I try I just get FF. CMOS has also been reset numerous times.

So, is it dead? Or is there still hope?
    If it is dead what's a good mobo to replace it with at the moment? I'm not too up to date with the latest mobo's. As long as it runs an XP2400+ it's fine, I don't need anything too ultra special.

2. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    8RDA+ show FF when its booted up fine.

Does it run through numbers when booting?

What where you doing prior to its demise?

When you say its dead - do you get to see BIOS?

Things to try...
    Clear CMOS overnight (make sure there is no power to the board or youve killed it)

Before pressing the power button depress the INSERT key and keep it down while powering up.

3. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,764
    The display should run through all the numbers and then finish on FF. Mine just goes straight to FF and stops there. I get no BIOS at all and I've cleared the CMOS and tried the insert key. I reckon it's fubar'ed. I can get a replacement BIOS chips from Epox for £10 but I'm thinking I may just get a new mobo. TBH I've not been over impressed with Epox. This one has died on me and another Epox board I have kept frying my Crucial RAM, which turns out is a common problem.