Things you'll miss/won't miss with covid lockdown/distancing

I never want to queue at a bar again, the days of poorly tempting the barman with a tenner in hand hopefully long gone. App and table service forever please.

The masks I don't mind, doesn't bother me and I get to mouth swear words at annoying people in public - result.

Lower commuting miles, glad to see the back of them.

Miss my mates, and slightly contrary to my first point having to book at table at 2pm for a pint just in case there is no availability. The days of a quick pint have all but gone for the moment.

The shops, wife always used to drag me 'around the shops' and I hated it, and then she got wound up when I clearly was bored out my mind. If the new world has no town shopping trips I'm all in 😆

Won't miss the masks. Plenty walking round yesterday with their soggy mask faces on in the rain. Have they no sense?

I'll miss how quiet it has been round town.

Will miss the not being allowed to stand at the bar rule

May miss the mask rules as you could getaway with "muttering stuff under your breath" more easily.

I never want to queue at a bar again, the days of poorly tempting the barman with a tenner in hand hopefully long gone. App and table service forever please.
This.

My local pub had terrible bar service - but it's a million times better with app ordering. It's a Young's and I can't see them changing it. I've also heard from another landlord using an app that they're also selling more this way - so expect it to continue.

One trivial thing I find with apps for pubs and restaurants is I've never been able to order just a tap water, and I think many places have done away with having them available for customers to get there own, which I can understand if it means people going up and touching the same tap. But that's only a small inconvenience.

It does make me laugh with my local petrol station. It feels like only recently there were signs outside saying no service if you're wearing a helmet, and look where we are now where it's mandatory to cover your face.

Really not fussed about going to the pub until we can wander around, mingle, chat to whoever's about and prop up the bar. Being trapped at a table is not what going to the pub is about for me.

It does make me laugh with my local petrol station. It feels like only recently there were signs outside saying no service if you're wearing a helmet, and look where we are now where it's mandatory to cover your face.
Likewise with those European countries that had banned Muslim women from wearing the full face veil, now they've had to backtrack!

Wont miss various people from organisations like SAGE giving conflicting views to the media.

Last edited:
I'll miss quieter roads! Took me 15 mins to pull out of my parking spot on my road yesterday morning at 9:30am because of the volume (and stupidly and selfishness) of traffic.
Driving through and out of the city at 10 was unbelievably hellish; although its not something I will have to do very regularly.

So what's going on ?

Watching the news today there seems to be a lot of confusion

It appears that the Government is trying to sneak in Local Lockdowns but not call them Lockdowns because that's seen as bad news ...... just advice on restrictions

Meanwhile all the local authorities concerned are saying there are no further restrictions on them

I'll miss quieter roads! Took me 15 mins to pull out of my parking spot on my road yesterday morning at 9:30am because of the volume (and stupidly and selfishness) of traffic.
Driving through and out of the city at 10 was unbelievably hellish; although its not something I will have to do very regularly.
Joy to be hold the roads more so the first lock down. Back to thinking for the other driver, two near misses this month so far.

Likewise with those European countries that had banned Muslim women from wearing the full face veil, now they've had to backtrack!
Exactly!
I do also find it somewhat humorous walking into a bank wearing a mask, as if I'm a cartoon-ish stereotype of a robber.

I think hugging people you hardly know should be banned permanently, along with hand shaking fist bumps and elbow touching to be replace with a nod in your general direction, anyone caught air kissing should be birched. :rotfl:

I think the Vulcans had the best idea

live-long-and-prosper.jpg

Turning it around, things that I hope will stay

1. Not having to put a pound coin in a supermarket trolley
2. Being able to use contactless for low price items

and something that I'm hoping comes back is complementary newspapers in coffee shops

There should be no further reduction of covid procedures on June 21. If there is we will be heading to more restrictions within weeks. Until Both jabs is at 70% then things should stay as they are. Otherwise by august we will be in trouble again.

I'm the opposite of people enjoying table service. I go to a local pub every Sunday and I've never been able to successfully order from the app yet, something goes wrong every time. Eventually we give up and try to flag down a passing bar person. This weekend we were told if we didn't order via the app then our wait for drinks would be upwards of an hour and those around us who'd ordered via the app were still waiting for their drinks over half an hour later. So we promptly left. Roll on when we can take control again and go to the bar when we want a drink.

Will miss the not being allowed to stand at the bar rule

May miss the mask rules as you could getaway with "muttering stuff under your breath" more easily.

Today, a woman behind me at the supermarket till dropped a bottle of water which hit my ankle and actually really hurt. She was very apologetic so I smiled understandingly and generously with my eyes but cursed her carelessness behind the protection of my mask.

I'm keeping the mask.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom