Things you'll miss/won't miss with covid lockdown/distancing

Metromedia 1433

There should be no further reduction of covid procedures on June 21. If there is we will be heading to more restrictions within weeks. Until Both jabs is at 70% then things should stay as they are. Otherwise by august we will be in trouble again.
A suggestion I have heard and agree with is postponing the June 21st relaxations to the end of the school summer term. By then many more people will have head jabs, and there will be less human mixing once the schools break up.

Metromedia 1433

I'm the opposite of people enjoying table service. I go to a local pub every Sunday and I've never been able to successfully order from the app yet, something goes wrong every time. Eventually we give up and try to flag down a passing bar person. This weekend we were told if we didn't order via the app then our wait for drinks would be upwards of an hour and those around us who'd ordered via the app were still waiting for their drinks over half an hour later. So we promptly left. Roll on when we can take control again and go to the bar when we want a drink.
I think it's bad when organisations show blatant favouritism to people with smartphones. :(

Donald duck

Distinguished Member
I'm the opposite of people enjoying table service. I go to a local pub every Sunday and I've never been able to successfully order from the app yet, something goes wrong every time. Eventually we give up and try to flag down a passing bar person. This weekend we were told if we didn't order via the app then our wait for drinks would be upwards of an hour and those around us who'd ordered via the app were still waiting for their drinks over half an hour later. So we promptly left. Roll on when we can take control again and go to the bar when we want a drink.
We've had a few issues with the apps, both signing in and placing orders, one was in a 3 rosette restaurant bar. The experience has been a bit hit and miss.
I don't think we've quite mastered the table service just yet, nowhere near comparable to the French for instance.

Laureline

Things I will miss "Not having Colds"

Having spent 2020 and the first part of 2021 cold-germ free, catching a cold from my 5 year old niece was a bit of a shock.

Even though the cold has just about gone, the cough remains and now people on the tram to & from work are looking suspiciously at me :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom