Things That Make You Go Ahh........

breadandcircuses

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
With all of the bad news around at the moment, (I watch a lot of current affairs and politics) it can make you thoroughly depressed or angry. Every so often though something pops up that makes me smile and touches me, even bringing a tear to my eyes. Sometimes we need to remember that there are good people out there, so I thought this might be a nice thread to lift the spirits, a bit like the fillers on the end of news reports I suppose :) . It's good to be kind, so I'll start with this random act of kindness. You don't have to be religious like this lady is though, to just be a compassionate person. I like it even more, that with the racism that is rife in many parts of the US, and this is Alabama, these people are all just people, being kind to each other, regardless of race. What lovely young men.

An elderly couple grow flowers on their allotment, then go round all the flower tubs in the village , tending, weeding and replanting, and making something nice for others to look at.

Rabbit-owner accounts on Instagram. Every post is filled with bunny cuteness.

High maintenance but adorable pets.

The man vacuuming his duck is always a favourite of mine... 😍

I'm a sucker for cute and funny animal ones. I liked this one too, but I think there are loads of examples of dogs loyalty out there.

It's lovely that the dog has got his buddy back now they have both retired from the military 😍.

With all of the bad news around at the moment, (I watch a lot of current affairs and politics) it can make you thoroughly depressed or angry. Every so often though something pops up that makes me smile and touches me, even bringing a tear to my eyes. Sometimes we need to remember that there are good people out there, so I thought this might be a nice thread to lift the spirits, a bit like the fillers on the end of news reports I suppose :) . It's good to be kind, so I'll start with this random act of kindness. You don't have to be religious like this lady is though, to just be a compassionate person. I like it even more, that with the racism that is rife in many parts of the US, and this is Alabama, these people are all just people, being kind to each other, regardless of race. What lovely young men.

Haven’t been to Alabama but I’ve been to a few of the southern states, I find that generally southerners of all races are incredibly lovely people and are by default kind to each other and to me (a very obvious foreigner, and a non-Christian to boot).

Rabbit-owner accounts on Instagram. Every post is filled with bunny cuteness.

High maintenance but adorable pets.
A friend gave me a rabbit as a gift.
The thing is small, but really active & in great shape physically.

Later my friend came to visit & asked what I'm named it. I said, Elton.
He asked why, & I told him: It's little fit bunny!

The Queen with her heirs and family on the balcony of Buckingham Palace yesterday. Lovely and sad at the same time.

I haven't dipped into this thread for ages, but this popped up today and made me smile and have a little tear. There's so much s**t going on that is so depressing, plus with my own house problems, that it's nice to see a little bit of kindness and sweetness out there. I am probably feeling a bit emotional though with my own stuff. Anyway, I thought it was lovely.

The cat and the pup just had a little sniff of eachother. No hissing from the cat. No flinching from the pup. Just a week ago when I brought the pup home, the cat wouldn't dare show her face around the flat. If the pup got near she would raise her back and hiss/growl really loudly. She has been roaming the flat quite happily these last few days, still keeping her distance from the pup but otherwise pretty chilled. This is the first time they have been up close without any tension. I think Blossom is coming around to hang a little sister!

Wink Rihanna GIF

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom