Things that don't work with this new Jailbreak

mickyd67

Established Member
Reaction score
iMessage

Push Notifications

I also cannot get the Modmyi repo to open - so I can't find how to get PDAnet which I use for my iPad.

Anything else? I've updated my 3GS to 5.0.1 on T-Mobile I'd really like to get these things working if anyone can help me out.

Thanks.

iMessage works
push notifications work
Modmyi works

Great - not for me though :(

Any ideas how I can get iMessage & Push to work? I've managed to get modmyi to work...

Cheers

mickyd67 said:
iMessage

Push Notifications

I also cannot get the Modmyi repo to open - so I can't find how to get PDAnet which I use for my iPad.

Anything else? I've updated my 3GS to 5.0.1 on T-Mobile I'd really like to get these things working if anyone can help me out.

Thanks.

Do you have any emails that are Push? If so do they work?

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I've actually restored my phone to see if these things work without Jailbreaking.

It appears they DON'T - so it isn't the Jailbreak that's the issue. Which is good...

I've been onto T-Mobile to see what they can do. They're sending out a new sim-card so I'll see if that solves the issue.

Cheers

mickyd67 said:
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I've actually restored my phone to see if these things work without Jailbreaking.

It appears they DON'T - so it isn't the Jailbreak that's the issue. Which is good...

I've been onto T-Mobile to see what they can do. They're sending out a new sim-card so I'll see if that solves the issue.

Cheers

Dude, I had the same issue. Do you have Push email?

Hi,
Since I applied this jailbreak to my wife's iPhone 4 it loses network connectivity after a few minutes and will not reconnect unless it is synced with iTunes.

I have now restored the phone, no jailbreak, but the problem is still occurring. :confused: She's understandably not too happy as she has recently lost her work phone so needs this to be working.

iPhone 4, locked to O2, working fine before jailbreak.

Any ideas?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Dude, I had the same issue. Do you have Push email?

Hello Rich

My Yahoo! e-mail account is set up to 'push' mail to me but it doesn't appear to work - I need to refresh to get new e-mails.

mickyd67 said:
Hello Rich

My Yahoo! e-mail account is set up to 'push' mail to me but it doesn't appear to work - I need to refresh to get new e-mails.

Right, after having this problem for months and months, and actually getting a new handset from Apple with no prevail, I found the solution. After some research it turns out that the push certificate on the iPhone became messed up after jailbreaking. Like you, I did countless restores and eagerly anticipated each update hoping it would solve the issue. Nope! :(

What you need to do, I'm afraid, is set up your phone as a new phone after restoring it. So basically you have to start all over again. The issues that presented me were:

- my music choices were lost (I have a 32gb iPhone with 50gb of music in iTunes)
- messages lost (though I got around this - info upon request)
- app data lost (eg favourites in TomTom, fuel usage on Road Trip etc etc)
- contacts lost (though not a problem for me as I use Google contacts so not sync'd through iTunes)
- photos lost (fixable)
- notes lost (can get around this as well using same method as messages)

This is the only way around this problem, I think. There is apparently an app on Cydia called PushFix but I couldn't be bothered with it.

Best,

Rich

Last edited:
Hi Rich,

Firstly, thanks for the comprehensive reply.

Your suggestion appears to do the trick - I did a clean restore and didn't use a backed up restore, I then tried e-mail / Facebook / iMessage

All appeared to work.

I am doing a restore from backup just now just to see if that will work after the original restore. Chances are it won't but it's worth a try.

If I need to do another clean restore the only thing I think I'd like to keep are my old SMS messages. Any suggestions on the best process to do that? Any free programmes out there that'll let me do that?

Again - thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
mickyd67 said:
Hi Rich,

Firstly, thanks for the comprehensive reply.

Your suggestion appears to do the trick - I did a clean restore and didn't use a backed up restore, I then tried e-mail / Facebook / iMessage

All appeared to work.

I am doing a restore from backup just now just to see if that will work after the original restore. Chances are it won't but it's worth a try.

If I need to do another clean restore the only thing I think I'd like to keep are my old SMS messages. Any suggestions on the best process to do that? Any free programmes out there that'll let me do that?

Again - thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately your previous Push certificate will be reinstated if you restore from a previous backup. You literally need to start again from scratch. To get your messages back, download "ibackupbot" from google. This software allows you to extract files from previous backups and import them into different backups. Very easy to do. The messages file is "Library/SMS/sms.db".

So basically: Create a backup of your new iPhone (after your restore), extract your SMS file from your backup file you created before the restore and import it into the new one.

Hope it works for you :)

Excellent - thanks once again Rich.

I'll give this a go.

All the best for 2012 :)

Hi Rich,

I ended up just restoring my phone and not using a backed up version of my data. I had all my contacts / calendars etc on Outlook so nothing was lost there. The only thing I lost was old text messages, which isn't too bad.

As per your previous post: sure enough any attempt to use a old backup meant push notifications didn't work.

So I've now restored, got iOS 5.0.1 and have jailbroken. Everything appears to work. I had already paid for PDANet on my phone for about £11 so I don't need to chase up T-Mobile to make sure I can use my phone as a hotspot. This app allows me to do that (via Cydia)

Thanks again for your help - fair chance I would have kept trying to restore from a backup and would have probably though all was lost in terms of getting push to work.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom