• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Thin Wall Mount Speakers

hotchocolate

Standard Member
Hi, I would like to buy in-wall speakers to match my minimalist lifestyle but my wife refuses to allow me to put holes in the wall. Can anyone recommend a good set of "thin"speakers that I can mount ON the wall rather than IN it but still give a minimalist approach. Stereo is 100W, 8 ohm, for an average size furnished living room with wooden floor and neighbours in the same building at all sides, above and below. Budget ACAP but up to about 200 quid. PS Speaker colour preferred white.

Secondly, the speakers I want to replace are Mission 782 in excellent condition. I know that when I replace them I will lose quality but I want to save the space. Does anyone know what these speakers should be worth and where is the best place to sell them?

Thanks in advance, Daniel.

gpl

Take a look at the monitor audio hd range, 10cm deep and various heights. I use 225s with my surround and think they are excellent, and I've heard 180s as Stereo and was impressed.. Although you may struggle finding them in your budget, but try second hand none hd range which were also very good... But just one persons opinion.

I was going to recommend the Kef's as well but there out your budget.

Maybe look for a second hand set of B&W FPM speakers. There's been a few sets on eBay lately.

As for selling your current speakers, try selling on here as its free or eBay, but you'll end up having to pay fees!

Karl83

Standard Member
I know I'm probably gonna get slaughtered for suggesting these (lol), but Bose do the most slimline wall mount speakers I've seen, in the form of the 161's and the 151's, they are of a discreet but stylish design and also come in white. Not sure of the specs of these speakers, but you can easily punch the models in on google and find results as well as user reviews.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom