1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thin Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by nheather, Apr 24, 2005.

1. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,552
    I thought I had my prospective speaker system sorted but at the weekend the cheif of interior design redid the lounge plans and whilst my initial choice (MS Premiere Plus) might still work I suspect some thin wall mounts would look better.

The reason is that the plasma will now be above the fire so will be much higher (possibly tilted) then originally thought.

I've seen pictures of such installations and the ones with long thin wall mounts look better to me.

So these are my two ideas

Canton: CD50 (centre and fronts), CD10 (rears) and AS22 (not sure whether front or down firing)

Infinity Oreus (seen a few recommendations but can't find much info on them)

(i) Are these good options
    (ii) Is the Canton selection I've made a good set or should I consider other components. I did consider 360s as the fronts but am concerned that the drivers wouldn't match the CD50 centre and I can't find whether you can buy them singlely.
    (iii) How would my Canton selection compare with the Oreus

Thanks,

Nigel

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I have heard both (was a big fan of the Oreus) but the cantons do sound better IMO of course