Thin Lizzy - Live And Dangerous

dmpoole

Established Member
Reaction score
RIP OFF ALERT

Just had this through the door and I thought it was going to be a DVD version of the live video that was released called Live And Dangerous which in turn was a live video of the Live And Dangerous album released in 78.

It is a one hour documentary and nothing more.
I will have to go back to my video transfer to DVD now.

dmpoole said:
RIP OFF ALERT

Just had this through the door and I thought it was going to be a DVD version of the live video that was released called Live And Dangerous which in turn was a live video of the Live And Dangerous album released in 78.

It is a one hour documentary and nothing more.
I will have to go back to my video transfer to DVD now.

Yeah I did post about this a while ago - initially thinking, like you, "at last L&D on DVD" but it was soon clear that this was not going to be the case :thumbsdow - I am just watching the "new" DVD & so far its pretty dire with the live bits lifted from other really crap sounding DVDs like the one recorded in Sydney :eek:
Yours very dissappointed ... Paul :suicide:
PS - Look out for the Gary Moore & Friends Tribute to Phil Lynott due out in a couple of weeks - that should be more like it :thumbsup:

Just sent it back with a printout of the page on PLAY saying how its misleading.
Now what shall I have in its place -
Testament
Machine Head
The Scorpions
Trouble (already ordered).

PaulBoy said:
PS - Look out for the Gary Moore & Friends Tribute to Phil Lynott due out in a couple of weeks - that should be more like it :thumbsup:

Don't forget the Rockpalast one too.

dmpoole said:
Just sent it back with a printout of the page on PLAY saying how its misleading.
Now what shall I have in its place -
Testament
Machine Head
The Scorpions
Trouble (already ordered).

... think I'll do the same :smashin: Paul
PS - Rockpalast is the best there is at the mo but not the "classic" lineup IMHO (Phil L Brian D Scott G & Robbo) which is why L&D is so good :devil:

"Live & Dangerous at the Rainbow" is THE classic Lizzy live flick, bit of a mystery why it has'nt had a dvd release yet tho'...:rolleyes:

dmpoole said:
Not that misleading with the sentence "This is the independent critical review of a masterpiece."

Thin Lizzy's 1978 masterpiece is universally recognised as one of the greatest live albums of all time. This amazing live double set captured the classic Lizzy line up of Lynott, Gorham, Robertson and Downie at the very peak of their powers. All of the essential tracks from an amazing band were unleashed in a blistering razor sharp celebration of hard rock that has been rightly hailed as a rock masterpiece. This is the independent critical review of a masterpiece. Featuring rare archive interviews with Phil Lynott, Eric Bell, Philomena Lynott and stunning performances of the classic material.

Track Listing:

1. Jail Break
2. Emerald
3. Rosalie
4. Dancing In The Moonlight
5. Massacre
6. Still In Love With You
7. Cowboy Song
8. The Boys Are Back In Town
9. Are You Ready
10. Sha La La

11. Don't Believe A Word
12. The Rocker

Thats off their website and it looks to me that it is going to be the live concert. The underlined songs don't appear anywhere on the DVD.
If you're not a Lizzy fan then you don't know what Live And Dangerous is. Every Lizzy fan will automatically link those words with the classic live album and video.

Ah, now if the underlined songs don't appear on the dvd, then the description is incorrect. But having said that, I stand by what I said, the description does imply to me that this is not the Live and Dangerous cd concert set, rather a restrospective critique.

It will be interesting what Play have to say - I always thought that the descriptions were provided by the studio/record company rather than Play themsemselves.

I did warn you all about this in another thread. IMHO this company should be closed down they are rip off merchants - feeding off real fans - they have done a lot of Deep Purple rip offs - I am amazed the band has not sued them - the Rainbow DVDs even use clips off videos with no permission. By the way a Rainbow DVD is to be released in June - Live from the Dio era - this is a proper release - for more details see www.deep-purple.net.

Parmenion62 said:
By the way a Rainbow DVD is to be released in June - Live from the Dio era - this is a proper release - for more details see www.deep-purple.net.

I've got a great Rainbow concert that I got off German TV with Dio singing.
I saw Rainbow at Bingley Hall Stafford and Dio's old band ELF were supporting them.

dmpoole said:
I've got a great Rainbow concert that I got off German TV with Dio singing.
I saw Rainbow at Bingley Hall Stafford and Dio's old band ELF were supporting them.
For me it was Rainbow at The Birmingham Odeon, with Cozy on the drums - and Mr Blackmore did indeed smash up his guitar and throw it out into the audience.

Those were the days. :)

IanS said:
Ah, now if the underlined songs don't appear on the dvd, then the description is incorrect. But having said that, I stand by what I said, the description does imply to me that this is not the Live and Dangerous cd concert set, rather a restrospective critique.

It will be interesting what Play have to say - I always thought that the descriptions were provided by the studio/record company rather than Play themsemselves.

Play have replied today (!) that I can return the DVD :clap:
Paul

A good result then :)

Just noticed a review on Amazon -

Save Your Money, March 11, 2006
Reviewer: Miss Sarah Lambert from Wallington, Surrey United Kingdom
If you are a Thin Lizzy fan and particularly if you saw them live on this tour DON'T buy this DVD. This has been not been approved by the band and you can see why. If you are expecting to see a film of a concert this is not it. It is more a critical review by a group of people who constantly interrupt every song featured while they talk about chord changes and whether all the singing/playing was 'live' which wears thin after a very short time. Better still, buy the CD and close your eyes - it will be more authentic!

dmpoole said:
Thin Lizzy's 1978 masterpiece is universally recognised as one of the greatest live albums of all time. This amazing live double set captured the classic Lizzy line up of Lynott, Gorham, Robertson and Downie at the very peak of their powers. All of the essential tracks from an amazing band were unleashed in a blistering razor sharp celebration of hard rock that has been rightly hailed as a rock masterpiece. This is the independent critical review of a masterpiece. Featuring rare archive interviews with Phil Lynott, Eric Bell, Philomena Lynott and stunning performances of the classic material.

Track Listing:

1. Jail Break
2. Emerald
3. Rosalie
4. Dancing In The Moonlight
5. Massacre
6. Still In Love With You
7. Cowboy Song
8. The Boys Are Back In Town
9. Are You Ready
10. Sha La La

11. Don't Believe A Word
12. The Rocker

Thats off their website and it looks to me that it is going to be the live concert. The underlined songs don't appear anywhere on the DVD.
If you're not a Lizzy fan then you don't know what Live And Dangerous is. Every Lizzy fan will automatically link those words with the classic live album and video.

what happend to my favourite track southbound? which is track 3 by the way
on the live and dangerouse cd. I only heard this through my dad taking me to see Limehouse lizzy who i think are superb.. Southbound never sounds though like it was part of the original show on the cd sounds like been through the mangle at the recording studio to make it smooth.. another classic example of that to for me is when i hear tears in heaven by eric clapton on that mtv live cd.

RESULT -

Dear MR POOLE

Thank you for returning your unwanted order for Thin Lizzy: Live And Dangerous (Region 2 DVD).
We have refunded the value of the returned item back to your credit/debit card, which should show on your statement within the next 3 working days.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter, and thank you for your patience and valued custom.
Kind Regards
Play

However, I still feel totally let down that the original still isn't on DVD.
I re-transferred my original video to DVD last night and its only 46 mins long.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom