Thin HDMI Cables

nheather

Distinguished Member
Not getting into is this £70 HDMI better than this economy one, BUT .....

Looking to buy some short v2.0 HDMI cables, 0.5m, 1.0m and 1.5m.

I'm looking at the economy end and have seen two that fit the bill. The one I most like the idea of is 'super slim' claiming the cable diameter is 3mm, the other is more traditional with cable diameter of 7mm.

The reason I like the slim ones is neatest and flexibility of the cable (so the weight and thickness of the cable doesn't push light devices around).

But is there anything I should be a aware of - I get that digital is digital so they should work the same - not worried about robustness and these won't be in walls - but clearly the traditional ones will have thicker cores and shielding.

I'm guessing that over such short runs they should perform equally, but just checking before I press the BUY button.

Cheers,

Nigel

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Something to be aware of is some devices are 'pre equalised' assuming you will use 2m HDMI cables and can be unstable with short cables!

Where possible look for cables carrying the official High Speed or Premium High Speed Certification Logo's - no matter what diameter the cable stock is.

Joe

nheather

Distinguished Member
Something to be aware of is some devices are 'pre equalised' assuming you will use 2m HDMI cables and can be unstable with short cables!

Where possible look for cables carrying the official High Speed or Premium High Speed Certification Logo's - no matter what diameter the cable stock is.

Joe
Thanks for that - at the price level I'm looking at I don't think any of the manufacturers are showing any types of logo or branding.

In fact just looked through Amazon at cables of all prices and not seen a single logo.

Cheers,

Nigel

mjbtin

Not getting into is this £70 HDMI better than this economy one, BUT .....

Looking to buy some short v2.0 HDMI cables, 0.5m, 1.0m and 1.5m.

I'm looking at the economy end and have seen two that fit the bill. The one I most like the idea of is 'super slim' claiming the cable diameter is 3mm, the other is more traditional with cable diameter of 7mm.

The reason I like the slim ones is neatest and flexibility of the cable (so the weight and thickness of the cable doesn't push light devices around).

But is there anything I should be a aware of - I get that digital is digital so they should work the same - not worried about robustness and these won't be in walls - but clearly the traditional ones will have thicker cores and shielding.

I'm guessing that over such short runs they should perform equally, but just checking before I press the BUY button.

Cheers,

Nigel
Ultra Slim Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable - 4K @ 60Hz, HDR, 18Gbps

These are twin packs,1m premium certified cables work out at £1.76 each :)

Martin

nheather

Distinguished Member
I have already ordered on eBay, looks identical to these, but the eBay listing doesn't have the logo.

I imagine they are the same though.

Also, not sure these are twin packs, where does it say that. Price is fine even for one though.

Cheers,

Nigel

mjbtin

I have already ordered on eBay, looks identical to these, but the eBay listing doesn't have the logo.

I imagine they are the same though.

Also, not sure these are twin packs, where does it say that. Price is fine even for one though.

Cheers,

Nigel
I thought that I ordered 4 cables but they were all twin packs so ended up with 8 premium certified cables for under £15 with free delivery.:)

Martin