Quantcast

Question Thin HDMI cables for small void

Funkoid

I default to amazons standard own brand cables usually they're tough and never had a problem with them.

Just received a set of 4m ones but they're not suitable as I'm having to run them through a void in the wall and the cable thickness of the newer ones is too big.

Any recommendations, ideally with next day delivery available?

Ideally want them to be able to support 4k, although i'm only running 1080p at the moment, I don't want to have to run them again.

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Have a look at the Optical HDMI cables, many of these are now 4K ready with some even claiming upto 30Gbs data transfer rate leaving you quite a bit of headroom. Although not enough for the 48Gbs standard, which is where HDMI is meant to plateau for 4K/8K. With this in mind always ensure you can use your OLD HDMI cable (or add some cheap cable) as a drawstring to pull a replacement through.

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Always happy to offer advice especially to someone who uses "Animal" as their avatar. My favourite Muppet :rotfl:

Funkoid

Just for anyone else looking, these worked a treat, don't feel as substantial as the amazon classic cables but that's the be expected given the purpose.