Thieving scum

• Thread starter Deleted member 27989
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27989

In the space of 15 minutes of nobody at our house, we've been burgled and really cleaned out...Bastards...

Man sorry to hear that :(

That's bad news. You must be gutted. Commiserations

sorry to hear that, how did they get in?

There are some despicable low life scum out there. Sorry to hear this

May sound obvious but don't touch anything...

Crap news, sorry to hear it... :(

They even got the 4K TV!

15minutes, they must work for a removal firm as that's quick to strip a place of valuables.

Bloody hell mate , feel for you , it happened to us some time ago , it's the things in weeks to come that you find are missing are the worst :(

Sorry to hear about this.

Sorry to hear that mate, it happend to use before christmas, my sister sleeps down stairs with one of the windows open and one night someone manged to break in climbing in through the window took my xbox and laptop, and some cash from my sister's purse.

:(

Awful news. Hope you are able to put it behind you soonest. I know when it happened to us, we were always fearful each time we left the house. But it does pass.

Stuff is replaceable, so hope there was nothing too personal.

Dancook said:
sorry to hear that, how did they get in?
Smashed a window near our front door.

shahedz said:
Sorry to hear Dejong,hope you're family aren't too shaken up by it all

My daughters are pretty bad unfortunately. My wife is in with both of them tonight.

a l e x said:
May sound obvious but don't touch anything...

Crap news, sorry to hear it... :(
Indeed good advice, I didn't. I didn't even enter the house since there was such a small period between my wife popping out to return a friend of my daughter. I thought they were still there. Police took about six minutes, 3 cars arrived and with batons drawn they searched the grounds and house. They were brilliant. Then went door to door which may have brought up something of interest. Then soca was there within 30 minutes and spent at least an hour gathering evidence. Can't fault their response.

signs said:
Bloody hell mate , feel for you , it happened to us some time ago , it's the things in weeks to come that you find are missing are the worst :(

So true the extend is slowly becoming clear. Only one truly sentimental piece of jewellery amongst all the jewellery. Not counting our engagement ring, I mean we are together and it can be replaced. Her grandmothers jewellery left behind via a will can't. :( a weird thing though is that my daughters passports have been taken.

Our home insurance has been pretty good and helpful as well. The house is secure again, and new glazing will be arranged.

Another pain is that the spare keys of our cars have been taken. A friendly neighbour blocked in our driveway but it will be a pain getting the locks/keyless entry replaced.

I must admit I find it hard to go to sleep tonight. :(

blue max said:
Awful news. Hope you are able to put it behind you soonest. I know when it happened to us, we were always fearful each time we left the house. But it does pass.

Stuff is replaceable, so hope there was nothing too personal.

Yes it is the conversation I had with my wife. We've been gone from the house for weeks on end. Here in a window of just 15 minutes where nobody was around they cleaned us out of valuables.

Scum whoever did this to you and your family. Hope they catch the thief's and sentance them to death

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. There are some right little ****ebags around today! I hope they catch them! Keep us updated on what happens!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of a long shot but any new residents on your street?

jendo said:
Bit of a long shot but any new residents on your street?

No, nobody. Quite a bit of building work at various properties and new gardeners around. Otherwise nothing unusual, well other than one event that the police is following up on.

On a positive note, for the first time I've had my finger prints taken :)

they have been watching you for a while for that to happen that fast.

Sorry to here this - it is the feeling of violation, plus the knowledge that some of the things that have been taken just can't be replaced, and the inevitable hassle that stolen passports creates. On top of this, as they have taken keys, you will be waiting for the next visit. Horrible, just horrible.

namuk said:
they have been watching you for a while for that to happen that fast.

Police told me that on average it takes only 4 minutes. They said it had all the hallmarks of someone doing this before. Straight upstairs turn over master bedroom, nicked a pillowcase for the loot??? Drawers all opened from the bottom upwards, they were very good. They got lots of small and valuable items.

DOBLY said:
Sorry to here this - it is the feeling of violation, plus the knowledge that some of the things that have been taken just can't be replaced, and the inevitable hassle that stolen passports creates. On top of this, as they have taken keys, you will be waiting for the next visit. Horrible, just horrible.

Exactly that, I find myself with the window open and listening out for anything out there. Not good place to be in.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom