Thief - Out Of Shadows

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
I really liked the Thief series on PC so it coming to PS4 is great, seems to be a reboot which is fine, need to to see some gameplay though but still a good trailer, Dishonoured is what many consider the current gen thief so will be interesting to see what Thief itself does.

Det

Distinguished Member
Skyrim but for thieving only? I watched a few youtube vids of the iteration prior to and it looks pretty good... also read about it all in Gameinformer and I think it's a title I'd pick up when the price drops.

Harry Clayworth

Standard Member
I loved the first game on PC, but i never played the second or third ones, so im looking forward to see how this one turns out.

Battle

Wow, if any of that is gameplay rather than just video its going to be awesome. Even if it is only video it still looks awesome :D

Every game I see just makes me want a ps4 more

thestig230

Can't see a thread for this.

Really like the look of it. PS4 & XBone only.

Release date is 28th February 2014.

Preview Video

14 Minutes of Gameplay

Last edited:

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Now that looks awesome.

Will be getting this one for sure :)

thestig230

I've pre ordered so I can get access to the beta :D

Battle

Looks very much like Dishonored.

tintin jones

Loved the old thief games on the pc so will definitely keep an eye out for this. Does anyone remember Shalebridge Cradle - the haunted orphanage in thief 3...wowser

Stinja

Looks very much like Dishonored.
Much like System Shock 2 ripped off Bioshock? ;)

Also thief thread already here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps4-games/1760672-thief-out-shadows.html

But yeah i'm quite looking forwards to this: IF they can pull it off, and not force action just to be modern, as i'd like a game where you can play without killing anyone / pure stealth.
Some previews hinted that the videos look great, but actual gameplay was a bit stodgy, so a wait n see game i think.

Stinja

I saw in the (gaming) news this morning that the devs have canned the XP system - yay!

Eidos Montreal: Community

How will Garrett progress through the game without XP?

Nic: The goal is to use gold to buy elements to progress, to encourage the player to steal. The player will be able to choose how to spend money, for more stealthy or more aggressive tools.

Daniel: It was always possible to play without using XP, like it is still possible to play through the game without killing anyone or even spending any coin (though it isn't going to be easy!)

Bogside

Early preview opinions of the game haven't been great so far. I don't think I'll be getting it for PS4 if it's just a polished tu*d.

tintin jones

Not a lot of love for Thief on here? i loved the old PC games so i'm watching this eagerly

onezeon

I'm liking the look of this but need to see reviews before buying at full price

Bogside

It's been 5 years in development and it's had a lot of turnover of staff in that time. So my expectations of what it'll be like on the PS4 have been dampened and I read an early preview feedback that was less than glowing.

But it has a launch window almost on it's own (end of Feb I think) with few titles being released between November '13 and April '14 so that should see it sell well.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

NAD Launches CI 16-60 DSP Amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett