1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thief II Light issues

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by SilverDragon, Sep 3, 2005.

1. SilverDragon

SilverDragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a slight problem when I play thief II on my computer. The gamma settings, even when turned up al the way, are very dark and that makes it hard to see anything. I have a Raedon 7000 but turning the brightness up on that doesn't seem to help with the game. the monitor brightness is also all the way up so I have no idea on how to fix this. Is there some kind of program that can adjust the brightness so I can ake the game brighter, or is there nothing I can do? Any answers would be of great help.

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,198
    Hi Mate

I loaded this up last week on my new HD and installed the add-on game from a cover disc and it did not work. When I saw your problem I uninstalled the add-on and it still would not work, so I reloaded it and still no joy seems it wants a Codec. Will look on my other HD late when I get up in the morning.

Seem to think it was dark but the in game gamma setting brought the game up fine.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,198
    Sorry I can be of no help I booted my old HD up and soon as I get to the playing part I here a ding and the screen goes blank. I know I use to run it on old card drivers and the new ones for my card would not let it play. I must have put some new drivers on that are more compatable with recent games.

I did go into video settings and moved the gamma settings right upi and the screen when nearly white.