Thicko requires help re cabling/phone extensions/SKY+

pconc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just got myself a new HD TV & Surround sound system as well as a SKY+ box.

1) Wall mounted the TV above a brick fireplace. At the mo I've got cables from SKY dish & from phone socket running from the right-hand side of the room (looking a the fireplace) round the back of my CD & DVD towers along the top of the fireplace and into the equipment situated on a shelving unit thingy on the left-hand side. Also scart & power cables from TV are visible going to the shelving unit.

Just after some tips/ideas/suggestions/links for making the best job of hiding (as best I can) the cabling - whether it be trunking or even running it on the underside of the brick fireplace??

Also the cable from the phone socket to the back of the sky box isn't long enough - I'm guessing a standard phone socket extension will do. Any links where I can get these from?

2) Converted my cellar into a office-cum-den. Having a SKY multi-room box down there but currently no phone socket down there? Looking for the most practical way of connection the SKY box down there (as I've been told it needs to be connected). Wireless is an option but maybe an expensive one for its use?

Could I run it outside & through the cellar that way? What sort of cabling would I need? Or run a series of extensions from the phone socket along the living room wall, down the cellar stairs & into the cellar itself?!

Please, please help me out :thumbsup:

I've just bought a phone extender from maplins that extends the phone signal (hopefully) from my sky hd box via DECT. I haven't installed it yet so can't confirm if it works or not. Before I bought it, opinion was mixed. I have never connected my sky box to the phone line but remote record looks like a handy feature, so I'll give it a go.

Edit it doesn't work!

Last edited:
Oh right

Might be worth a bash?

Let me know how u get on with it.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom