1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

they said this day would never come...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nickane, Nov 24, 2002.

1. nickane

nickane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Piano has arrived.... well, almost.

It can be ordered online from the Piano online shop's Europe Arm as they have now revamped the site completely. It is now in English not German and will ship to "Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxenbourg, Netherland, Spain, UK." Prices are €3499 for the Avanti and €2999 for the old skool Piano (HE-3100). Seems a bit much if u ask me, but still...

Attempted to put order thru as a test, as I would not wish to buy sight unseen (rainbow factor), but got the impression u couldn't buy unless u listed a "partner-shop" where u had seen the machine in action. Of course there are no such shops in the UK, only in Germany, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands and France. Seems like Plus doesn't want me to buy sight unseen anymore than I do.

So, between this and av-sales.com listing the Avanti as "coming soon," I would say the Piano might actually make it into UK shops sometime BEFORE 2004. And if u should happen to see it in action whilst on holiday on the mainland, and want to take the plunge, I suppose this means u now can, presumably with a lot more security in terms of customer service than u'd get with Price Japan. Plus, u could always just choose a shop at random and SAY u went and had a look at it when REALLY u didn't, and just buy sight-unseen (go on... live a little).

As for the pricing, I think once they arrive in the UK, the Avanti will not cost much over £2000 and the 3100 somewhere around £1800, as they will have to compete with all the new LCDs (AE2/300, HS10 et al). Although many will argue that these machines have the edge on the Piano's, u have to remember that not everyone wants to drive their pj from an HTPC, and most ppl will want excellent on-board scaling/de-interlacing for plug-and-play convenience.

2. nickane

nickane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Partly a bump, but also I forgot to say that those prices include Fedex delivery and VAT to the UK.