• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

They just don't build houses like this anymore ?

mjw123

Established Member
P1050070a.jpg
[/IMG]

York Minster

alastair

Standard Member
Which side of the minster is that? I found the best pics of the Minster are from the walls next to the Treasurers house. Also if you are still there its well worth a trip up the Minster tower, its a lot of steps but the view is breathtaking.

senu

Distinguished Member
too costly to heat in winter and cool in Summer .. just kidding.. rather nice picture . it this out of the box or did you need any "airbrushing"?

mjw123

Established Member
Just sharpened a tad as my FZ3 tends to leave pics a little soft by default and I prefer then just that bit sharper.

The pic was taken walking to the minster from the city centre (whatever side that was) will add another once I can get photobucket to upload it !

alastair

Standard Member
Yes, i recognise it now, the other side of the Minster facing Petergate is more interesting and detailed but its difficult to get a good shot its so close and huge!

senu

Distinguished Member
Ive just had a look at your little gallery and Your pics are really nice Do you really own that many cars??? ( laughing )
A wide angle lens may also have introduced fish eye/ barrel distortion which would have ruined the lines of the York Minster : we cant have it looking like a tent can we?
For a candid shot your pic looks excellent well done. As a planned shot , your tripod (and careful use of the aformentioned wideangle lens) you would have a great Pic . I must say the colours ( of both the building and the sky) as seen on my monitor look very nice

mjw123

Established Member
Thanks Senu - they are an assortment of pics (albeit heavily compressed in the main)...taken with old Cameras like Nikon Coolpix 885, Canon Ixus, Oly 765 and more recently Panasonic FZ3. I have owned all of those cars but only have the Alfa at the mo - had to let the RX8 as it wasn't really baby friendly !

As for cameras i'm trying to get an Oly 7070 from the states but it's risky business and the £200 deals all seem to be from crooked suppliers with bad feedback. As the price creeps towards £300 I may as well buy in the UK.

mjw123

Established Member
As if you big girl - anyway you should be hard at it in your 1st week !!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom