1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They got me...

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by rich tee, Jan 22, 2004.

1. rich tee

rich tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It was my birthday last week, (35) It was a bit naff, I got this phonecall 'out of the blue' I thought, from Sky.

''Can I ask why you ditched your subs recently?''
    Enquired this Scottish accent.
    I got bored. I said.
    ''Oh well we're doing some 1/2 price offers at the moment, £16.50 for Sky sports etc but not movies.
    In a momemt of crap birthday blues I uttered, ok.
    So it's now switched on again.

SKY said the offer is on til April
    I realised later that it was exactly a month since I cancelled my subscription.
    What will they offer me next?

Rich Tee.
    :rolleyes:

2. john316

john316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    What?

3. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15

I second that.

:confused:

4. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I ditched mine over a month ago.....was on the 18 quid (then)package and got a phone call saying they would give me the full monty for an extra 8 quid ...total cost 26 quid for 2 months .....as I'm from Scotland I was able to understand the guy completely.

Or so I thought.....turned out, it seems the discount only resulted in eight percent off the 40 quid.

When I rang and enquired why I was being charged around 35 notes a month....they said...are you sure you understood the salesperson.......needless to say....in the broadest Scots language (reserved only Rangers v Celtic matches, cold callers and Sky reps) .....I told them to......well you get the picture (pun intended)

5. rich tee

rich tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Excellent post, William 123

I'm amazed that Sky have 'salespersons' ready to offer who they like, tempting offers to get you switched back on.

Rich tee.

6. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Thanks RT......around mid April of last year when I was seriously considering ending my subs, or taxes to the Murdoch dynasty....I phoned them up sinformming them I wanted to cancel.

I explained that I was currently unemployed, or as some would say, kindly I hope, unemployable.....the guy at the other end of the phone asked me if I wanted a job with Sky....as the were on a recruiting mission, and therefor could carry on with my package, such as it is, but that's another story, for another time, perhaps, mods permitting of course.

I of course declined the offer commenting my assets might be better used elsewhere...............a job gutting fish had previously been offered to me.

PS.

In the production of this script the author would like to make it clear that no animals, pets, mammals or Sky Sales Representatives were harmed or mis-treated in any way.

End credits.

7. rich tee

rich tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Shame.