1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theta amps.

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by uncle_git, Oct 6, 2004.

1. uncle_git

uncle_git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got any feedback on the Theta Dreadnought II ?

I'm pondering pairing one with an arcam AV8, B&W 803's front 805's rear and the matched center.

Other Power amp options are Arcam P7 and the Primare 5 channel unit.

I'd probably get 3 single channel cards and 2 stereo cards for the surrounds planning for a later 7.1 upgrade.

2. bamber

bamber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi uncle_git

I demoed the Theta Dreadnought II a while back and thought it was pretty good driving B&W 802's. Make sure you demo all the other forum favourites Bryston/Krell/Parasound.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Pretty much as gazza has said....excellent amp,beautifully built,bags of power and very good clear sound,and pretty tolerant of difficult loads like the B&W 805.
    You could have a look at the following link for a review of the next model down ( http://www.stereophile.com/amplificationreviews/625/ ),which may give you some idea of what it's like.

Again,to go with waht's already been said,other choices should include those mentioned,and a number of us(myself included) have found Krell to be an excellent choice in terms of power delivery and control....I didnt buy my Krells to go with the B&Ws,but found them to be an excellent match.