These look interesting

very interesting link thanks...... i wonder how accurate the april availability is on the 97? Do we know if they are using a 'chroma bug free' mpeg decoder in there?

The money for the other models is simply shocking

ad

The forthcoming drop of HDMI equipeed DVD players from Panasonic and Toshiba indeeed look tempting.
But does anyone know whether these players have HDMI version 1 (which carries only 2 channel digital audio output) or HDMI v2 (which carries multichannel audio)?

why would you want multi channel audio to go to your display?
Maybe when receivers include upconversion to hdmi and hdmi switching this may become an issue but for now?

Originally posted by buns

The money for the other models is simply shocking

ad

yeah the basic model with prog scan is $79.99 thats £42.11 for a Panasonic Advanced Progressive scan, multi-format (DVD Video, DVD-RAM, CD, CD-R/RW, JPEG, MP3, WMA); HighMAT, One Touch AV Enhancer
DVD!!! and thats MRSP not discounted:eek:

despite my liking of high end products, when a good manufacturer starts getting this low, i wonder really where all the money goes.....

ad

Originally posted by bobbypunk
why would you want multi channel audio to go to your display?

I wouldn't!!!

Maybe when receivers include upconversion to hdmi and hdmi switching this may become an issue but for now?

My point exactly! IF multichannel HDMI v2 DVD players & receivers are just around the corner, then it is worth waiting a few months before buying new DVD & amp.

well given the money, id be happy enough to buy it anyhow!

ad

despite my liking of high end products, when a good manufacturer starts getting this low, i wonder really where all the money goes.....
Yeh buns my thoughts exactly. Possibly yet another decent manufacturer buying job lot do it all chip sets from China (and probably the whole machine) that promise much, but just don't deliver on ultimate quality??

Croc

that much i guess we must wait and see. But you cant deny that the first dvi players have been very promising......

ad

We`ve had two of the S47 `s delivered today at the store i work in but i didn`t take very much notice of them.

I`ll take a closer look tomorrow.

Carlos, are these units European or American, the link is for US players?
Ged

and for dear sakes tell me (by pm ;)) if a 97 appears!

ad

Originally posted by Ged
Carlos, are these units European or American, the link is for US players?
Ged

European, They were delivered from Panasonic UK today !!

buns will do though don`t hold your breath :D

rats...... :( ah well, all good things come to thee who waits :D

ad

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom