• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

These fancy 360 cases - Any good?

Ol!ver

Prominent Member
There's plenty of replacement cases knocking around on bay of E, and I'm, fancying one of these black knight ones. The reason is everything else is black, so the 360 stands out. I'm not buying an Elite cos I can't justify spending the money on something that's basically the same as I've got.

So, who's got a fancy case, and if you have, care to share your thoughts and pictures?

Cheers :smashin:

MitsiTurbo

Established Member
My Black Knight cased Premium on the top, Elite on the bottom. I prefer the Black Knight look tbh, but a couple of people in the 'Get your Elites out for the lads' thread have commented that it looks cheap and tacky. The fit is excellent. Only downside is the HDD case is still grey and you lose the warranty. Hope this helps!

Oh, almost forgot the pic!

DSC00930.jpg

AngryDamo

Standard Member
You could pick one up on flea bay but tbh the prices with postage tend to work out more than using someone like these guys http://www.modchipfitters.com/

This is my own fellow complete with the most pointless mod ever chrome controllers with shiney bright lights, just incase i ever have trouble tracking them down in the dark. The case is a Black Knight with X cut with a Joytech faceplate and spray painted black HD.

000_0014_07.jpg

enablerbro1

Prominent Member
After you take into account the cost of the replacement case and controllers and the trade in value against buying an Elite with the advantage of HDMI and increased HDD it doesn't seem to make economic sense to buy the replacement case.

Ol!ver

Prominent Member
After you take into account the cost of the replacement case and controllers and the trade in value against buying an Elite with the advantage of HDMI and increased HDD it doesn't seem to make economic sense to buy the replacement case.

I've got a core with a HDD, it's still going to cost more than I can justify to upgrade

AngryDamo

Standard Member
A replacement case can be had from only £28, spray painting the hard drive top isn't a big job if u have any experience of using spray paints, infact to keep costs down and if it was important for them to match, doing the same with your existing controllers wouldn't be too difficult either. Here's a couple of guides that might be useful if u go the replacement case route;
HD Disassembly
http://www.xboxchopshop.com/catalog/man_360_open4.php
Controller Disassemby
http://www.xbox-modchips.com/xbox360-tutorials/xcm-wireless-case-mod-guide.htm

JonnyTester

Prominent Member
? Who's 360 is that? Certainly not mine.

Really? This is what is listed on My gaming gear in your signature:

XBox 360

XBox 360 Core Console (1024x768 -> Widescreen -> Intermediate via VGA)
Limited Edition World Cup 2006 Germany Faceplate
Official Wireless Controller
Official Wired Controller x 2
Official 120GB Hard Drive
Official 64MB Official Memory Card
Official Live Vision Camera
Official Wired Headset
Official Mini Media Remote
Venom Media Remote

Or maybe it's this one?

germanyfaceplatezs8.png

Or maybe it's this one?

germanyfaceplatezs8.png

That's it. I'm not fussed what you think though, seeing as I have the Elite as well. Even that old footy faceplate beats the cheap flaky plastic crap, that I imagine you've purchased as you leapt to attack when I stated my opinion.

JonnyTester

Prominent Member
That's it. I'm not fussed what you think though, seeing as I have the Elite as well. Even that old footy faceplate beats the cheap flaky plastic crap, that I imagine you've purchased as you leapt to attack when I stated my opinion.

Me? I don't care one way or another. I just thought it was laughable that you were slgging off a plain, black faceplate as being like a "cheapo shiny Nokia fascia" when you had something just as bad, if not worse. I just have the bog standard fascia that came with my 360 as I think it actually does look quite good.

For what it's worth, I happen to think the 3rd party black fascia looks a lot better than the charcoal grey of the Elite, but nothing beats the original off-white colour.

BertyUK

Established Member
Me? I don't care one way or another. I just thought it was laughable that you were slgging off a plain, black faceplate as being like a "cheapo shiny Nokia fascia" when you had something just as bad, if not worse. I just have the bog standard fascia that came with my 360 as I think it actually does look quite good.

For what it's worth, I happen to think the 3rd party black fascia looks a lot better than the charcoal grey of the Elite, but nothing beats the original off-white colour.

Ok guys take it easy, this isn't a dick measuring contest.... but if it was i'd win anyway ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom