1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

these are the films i'd like to see relesead soon or next year

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by 7 of 9, Aug 9, 2002.

1. 7 of 9

7 of 9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am desprate to se these films realsesed: true lies, broken arrow and titanic five star collectons complete with more extras and dts tracks and anamorphicly enanced video esspecially on true lies and titanic and the alien saga and the first two alladin films and the first lion king film

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad you made sure you edited your post to make it clearer :p

True lies R1 is not anamorphic but it is uncut, whereas True Lies R2 is anamorphic but is cut. Apparently the latest version of R2 is uncut, but this was an accident and I guess it will have to be pulled soon due to BBFC orders which must be obeyed. I am therefore currently awaiting my copy of True Lies R4 from www.ezydvd.com.au which is anamorphic and uncut.

I would like to see an anamorphic release of Titanic as well. I'm sure it's on the cards.

You have a bit of a wait for Lion King I'm afraid.

3. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The Lion King and Alladin are due to be released in 2003 supposedly... No firm dates though.

4. denonman

denonman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TITANIC - Hopefully due early to mid 2003 will be an extended directors cut (still being filmed),anamorphically enhanced with dts surround sound. It will be a 5* edition.
    TRUE LIES - Is due for a 5* edition it was due for release in June 2002 but due to Sept 11 James Cameron felt it should be put back till early to mid 2003.It will have dts & will be anamorphically enhanced with extras.
    The same possibly for PREDATOR & the original PLANET OF THE APES. Hope this helps...:D

5. Tafsir

Tafsir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    i thought PREDATOR just cameout 2 disc version

got it when it cameout not long ago

please dont say their are going to bring ou a newer version
    (these f***ing s**t robbing companys) started to really **** me off now

Tafsir

6. denonman

denonman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry i should have made myself clearer these were region one dvds

7. 7 of 9

7 of 9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx for all the help and info everyone, titanic and true lies sound like must buys for me.

thanx again everyone:)

8. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Titanic was originally due in port decades ago, I think something must have happend to it......

:rolleyes:

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    HI,

I'd really like to see the following titles released/rereleased:

Hard Boiled - digitally remastered; new, remastered subtitles (I think that the UK Tartan translation is better than the US Criterion ones); totally uncut, in anamorphic widescreen, and with a DTS or DD 5.1 soundtrack, and not forgetting a blistering documentary about how the hell John Woo got these stuntmen to do half of the nutty stuff they did!

An American Tail/The Land Before Time - Yes, I know these are kids animations, but I love theme, although the sequels are pretty ropey.

My Neighbour Totoro - Classic Japanese Anime movie, by Hayao Miyazaki. I already have it on Japanes R2 import, but it really deserves a wider audience. Shame on the House Of Mouse for buying up the rights, and then shelving the products!

Pom Poko: The Great Racoon War - Another superb anime, but this soooo needs to be seen by more people. Both hilarious and poignant.

Any of Michael Mann's films, but with audio commentaries! "Heat" in a DTS soundtrack, with a good behind-the-scenes documentary, would be an ace opening choice!

Damien: Omen II - It's already out, but has been censored for gore quite heavily. Shame on 20th Century Fox for this!

Heaven's Gate - It may have been panned by the critics, but I think this is actually pretty good. The longer 218 minute version should be released, rather than the heavily cut 148 minute US cinema edit.

The Godfather Epic - all 3 Godfather movies edited together into chronological order, complete with 50 minutes of new footage! It's out on VHS, so why not DVD?!

Once Upon A Time In America - you can get a minor DVD release of this, from Germany I think, but a nice, DD 5.1 official release would be cool!

I think that's more than enough for the moment.

Pooch

10. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I'm eagerly awaiting news of:

Sir Henry at Rawlinson's End

Where Eagles Dare

The Dream Team (NOT the TV series)

And more importantly (to me), television series such as:

The Invaders

Catweazle

Captain Pugwash

Ivor the Engine

The final 3 Ripping Yarns stories

11. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Matrix II & III for me...

12. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seconded. :)

Might even go to the cinema for those. Don't think I can wait. :)

13. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

The Godffather trilogy should not be messed with. I know the BBC screened 1&2 in chronological order many years ago, it just wasn't the same

As for Once Upon A Time in America due to legal problems with who owns the rights i doubt we will ever see an official release so the Greek version will have to do. It's only 11.99 from cd-wow and i've had mine a week despite cd-wow stating a 27th Aug release date ;)