Thermometers + Weather apps and sensors

m4rky_m4rk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a product to mainly monitor inside and outside temperatures both on a local display and via smartphone App with alarms. I was considering the Netatmo range but it isn't a perfect fit. Recently I came across TFA Dostmann products. It is expandable to include rain gauges and wind gauges as well as various other temperature sensors.

Has anyone any experience of this system, app and hardware? I think its quite knew, 2015.

TFA- Dostmann Weatherhub:
Dostmann main site - English
Amazon

Technoline have similar products and they appear by the the look to be the same thing. Are they interchangeable with TFA? The TFA app and the Technoline mobile alerts app both seem to be from Data Information services.
eg Amazon

Finally, are these products compatible with the Weather Undergound website for creating my own hyper-local weather station? I know Netatmo is but the others?

Thanks, Mark.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I think IMBW has something like that, I am also interested in this, thread watched.

I have a Clas Ohlson weather station, but it doesn't connect to the Internet. We have a readout in the kitchen, and a few times a year I plug it into the PC to download for historical records.

I did a bit more digging and found more badged versions
ELV
LaCrosse

They all seem to have the same sensors only the displays differ.

The two apps (TFA, mobile alerts) I downloaded to take a look at are almost the same.

There are a lot of sensors available: Indoor temp, outdoor temp, Pro temp sensor with extended temp range eg sauna, Hot tub, pool temp sensor, wind gauge, rain gauge, water detector, contact sensor, CO2, smoke and maybe more

It all adds to up to a very comprehensive range of sensors and more on the way according to the web site. Wow! I hope the quality is OK. Seems too good to be true.

Starter kit is a gateway and one sensor .. 50euro. This site: mobile alerts lists the sensors. Some pages are in German! Click tab on left to reveal more pages.

Weather kit here

I liked this for the wind sensor
A measuring interval of up to 0.02 seconds can be achieved with stronger wind, so you will never again miss any kind of gust

Also read there is some caching too if the internet is lost and data can be exported to csv.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom