Theres some good players out there!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by erniebert1, Feb 7, 2009.

1. erniebert1

erniebert1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    I had the priviledge of playing with some guys yesterday who are ranked 2nd, 3rd 8th & 11th in the world at headquarters. They were british which was nice to see aswell. There that good their on a 438 match unbeaten run at the moment & have racked up over 26 days of gameplay already :eek:

I kept my own when playing with them & none of them stood out as amazing individually but collectively they were so impressive, no-one looked like beating them at all. It was good to see people play properly as a team as unfortunately in HQ you don'tsee that very often. They certainly helped me out getting points as I was able to rank up again :thumbsup:

If you ever see a bunch of guys with the names :-MUFFSKI, LUKESKI, ROOMSKI, RUSTSKI and your not on their side, be ready for a beating :rotfl::rotfl:

2. bluen0se9

bluen0se9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    its easy to clock up unbeaten runs on headquarters, if yer get beat and turn yer xbox off before the scores come up at the end the loss dosent register, not saying its what they do btw, and i dont do it ive a genuine 18 streak lol, and as you say head quarters isnt all about individuals and kill counts, its capturing bases as a team that matters most imo and campers getting kill counts on yer team and not even entering bases is one of my bug bares on headquarters.

3. Rafe

Rafe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +598
    At the end of the day, if you play with people you are comfortable and friendly with, then the hard work is done already. All you have to work on is strategy. These guys obviously are all good friends and know what role they have to play in each game.

Like you said, it's so rare to get into a game of HQ for example where every team member is talking and helping you to win the game. I find that too many people just run off looking for kills.

Bring back COD2..... smaller maps, smaller teams and everyone on your team talked. Don't get me wrong, I love COD WAW but COD2 was superb for team based games. You had a superb sense of achievement if you won. Everyone used to congratulate each other after the game.

4. conrad

conrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    it may be, but this guys point is how well as a team they work. and to get over 400 matches won in a row you have to be doing something right.

5. Chrisoldinho

Chrisoldinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Think i'm on something like 15 lol, 400+ is just insane!!

I did play on COD4 anyway against Im Too Godly once on S&D and he was blooming good, in the games I played against him he didn't boost either although I know he did/does.

On COD:WaW i've played against RaW Inkumz or something who is ranked something like 10th in the world, again on S&D he got something like 15 kills on 2 levels in a row, however he was using an M1A1 Carbine with a Rapid Fire controller....

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  6. Sir-Cato

Sir-Cato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Word of warning: Rank 40/39 on war is a mouthy git. He threatened me and another player after i mocked his rubbish skill (mp40 and tank whore).
    He started calling me a noob for not being a higher prestige:rolleyes: At the end of the match i beat him in kills with a bolt action, he wasn`t happy :rotfl:

7. kalakola

kalakola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    there are alot of these kinda guys in cod. At the end of the day, its easy to rank up in this game, you just have to put the hours in. Thats why the higher the rank, the better the player doesn't really apply to cod. What i would like to see in the next cod is a proper ranking system, where you rank up if you do good and rank down if you don't do so well.

8. Sir-Cato

Sir-Cato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23

Just like BF2:MC

I`d rather not run into boosters every other game thanks.

9. kalakola

kalakola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    i don't think i've played BF2: MC, so can't comment what happens in that game, but you get boosters on every game mate. There's guys boosting on waw and i'm sure there were guys doing it in cod4. I personally would prefer a ranking system like i stated in my previous post. I don't really play much cod nowadays, i get bored easily, but then again i'm getting bored of shooters in general. But if cod did have that kind of ranking system i would probably play it alot more.

10. altair1453

altair1453
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that is ace!!!
    the other day i beat the 73rd best free for all player. he didnt have a mic so i could take the p*ss. lol

11. GBDG1

GBDG1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,260
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  12. Chrisoldinho

Chrisoldinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Yes I know what you mean, but I can almost 100% guarentee you that on HQ for example a group of people who have all prestiged multiple times will in 99/100 games win by a massive margain if the other team have ranked up less.

This is because:

A) They have put more time into the game so they know it more
    B) They generally know the best weapons to use
    C) They are seasoned pro's as working as a team
    D) If they have that much time to commit to a game, more often than not they love FPS games and therefore usually know how to play

All IMO of course but that is what I have found.

Quite sad I know and i'm almost ashamed to admit that I often leave the lobby if my team if full of lower ranked people and the opposition have a great side because I know i'm going to get hardly any XP, I mainly only do this though if the other team is a clan because you can pretty much guarentee you'll loose :suicide:

I wish you could get a Mercenary HQ game a bit like Mercenary TDM.

Chris.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  13. brumhee

brumhee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,079
    Me and a few mates were playing S&D and a mouthy kid came one and started giving a couple of americans a hard time. They took it really well and gave better than the kid could.

Fortunately in nearly every game the kid ended up on our team and you could guarantee he would be the first to die but as soon as you got in the lobby all you could hear was him slating people on our team for apparent 'poor' playing. He soon gave up when we pointed out that he always died first.

I have played against some fantastic clans and Chris I am sorry to hear that you only play COD for XP. Personally I enjoy going up against the clans and trying to beat them even if I do tend to loose quite miserably, the better clans normally thank me and my mates for putting up a good fight.

In one game on team tactical (COD4) a clan of small kids were playing and they won something like 250-75 and were trying to rib us about it. They stopped laughing when we pointed out that we normally get no points and they must be cr*p if we got some.

14. Chrisoldinho

Chrisoldinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Hi brumhee, I knew that's how my post would come across :blush:.

At the moment I have to agree with you, I am only playing this game for XP because I want to get through these blasted Prestiges as quick as possible, however I do very much enjoy playing the game.

It's on of those scenario's where I got to about Prestige 5 ish and started to get a little bored of Prestiging, but by that point i'd already sunk a lot of time into the game. Hence the reason i've decided to go a bit ruthless when I play now to get me through the final few Prestiges.

After i'm done which should be in a month or so i'll quite happily play every man and his dog but at the moment I just want to concentrate on ranking up.

Sounds very clinical I know but I do enjoy playing whether i'm playing to get as much XP as possible or not.

Chris.

15. W0LFIE

W0LFIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +964
    I understand you to some extent...
    I'm just playing this to get to my 1st Prestige now, its like an itch.
    I'm actually really bored of the game now and find the lag between them shooting you and you shooting them completely infuriating. I play Xbox to chill, not to become infuriated. I get on the Xbox so little that what time I do get is precious (like most husbands and dads out there).
    So in order to get this damn prestige out of the way I've started quitting games if it looks like my XP will be rubbish. So what... that's my choice. If I'm not cheating or abusing people then its no-one elses business.

The new maps might spice this game up for me but right now its a chore which I'm unfortunately addicted to.:mad::thumbsdow

Soon as WAW Prestige 1 is done I'm back onto Fallout + COD4:hiya:

16. WillieCocker

WillieCocker
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    I used to be part of that clan, Willie Cockski.
    Bunch of campers.:D

17. planetse

planetse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Just mentioned this in another post. I got into a round of maps with RUSTSKI and MUFFSKI and one other I cannot remember only last week. They pride themselves in never losing a map, there taking the next headquarters as soon as the last one is finished. There a good bunch but need to get out more, they live day and night on the game.

18. Rafe

Rafe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +598
    While I appreciate people being good/skillful on COD, it borders on being sad if they are unstoppable and say things like 'we will never be beaten'.

A good indication is the hours they have played or their rank.

Ever heard of the outdoors and real life?

19. brumhee

brumhee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,079
    I just got so fed up I didn't even bother getting to the end of the 1st prestige. Gone back to COD4 and let a mate COD5 so he doesn't waste his money.

As you say xbox time is precious and I find I sleep better if I play 4 as I tend not to get angry and want to smash stuff.