1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theres going to be a startrek mobile phone!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by GalacticaActual, Aug 25, 2005.

1. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    OK, I came across this today

Sona Mobile and Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products announced recently a partnership to develop a rich content enabled mobile device offering an unprecedented level of functionality. Themed after STAR TREK communicator devices popularized by characters on the science fiction television and movie series, the special edition Communicator Phone offers fans of cool mobile technology the ability to play a multi-player, online STAR TREK game, stream real-time video, and surf the Internet as well as access ring tones, wallpapers, news, information, and STAR TREK fan activities.

The STAR TREK Communicator Phone is powered by Sona Mobile's Sona Wireless Platform™ (SWP), which offers multi-threading capability for running several applications concurrently. The SWP makes it possible for end-users to stream video clips while simultaneously text messaging a friend or accessing information on the Internet, without negatively impacting device performance.

The phone will come equipped with a custom STAR TREK faceplate and other themed features unique to the franchise. It will be available beginning September 30, 2005. ​

Now, this sounds all very well and good, but we have had fliper phones for a while now, so if all its going to be is a phone that looks like a startrek comunicator from the original series and have a few fancy extras thrown in, I cant really see what the fuss is all about.
    It will probably just end up being a novelty item and disapear in to sceond hand shops once the novely has worn off :D