There is nothing about "standby" in the CD192 owner's manual?

dead of night

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi. In the owner's manual for the CD192, there is no mention about putting the unit into standby mode. There is an explanation for the on/off switch, but the manual does not even mention putting it in standby, nor does it even acknowledge that there is a standby mode.

In the section where the owner's manual explains all the remote control functions, the standby button is not mentioned, and it appears that it is grayed out like all the other buttons that pertain only to the DVD functions. Can anyone explain why? Are we supposed to put the unit into standby?

The CD192 does repsond to a power toggle and a discrete on/off IR command. However these commands are not inlcuded on the supplied remote control.

These codes are listed in the back of your user manual, if you have a programmable remote such as the NevoSL which I use myself, these codes can be used.

From the remote control, the power command I mentioned is the standby function. it is not available on the supplied remote.

From the remote control, the power command I mentioned is the standby function. it is not available on the supplied remote.

Yes it is, on the remote that came with mine there is a green standby button on upper right. This button is also depicted in the picture of the remote in the owner's manual. This button is fully functional.

Are you wanting to turn it off, as opposed to put it into standby mode?

If so, then you have to use the main power button on the front panel.

Are you wanting to turn it off, as opposed to put it into standby mode?

If so, then you have to use the main power button on the front panel.
No, just asking if the CD player stays warmed up if it is in standby mode. Also, why doesn't the owner's manual mention standby mode, nor does it mention it as a remote function?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom