1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There are feet...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Taz, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And there are RTP feet! these babys are 14mm wide, thread in to my RTP sub and were custom made for me!

:)

Attached Files:

2. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    Nice spikes Taz. :thumbsup:

Are you going to put some loctite on the threads? Once you have set the sub level to the floor you don't appear to have anything so they dont shake loose. Then again how heavy is the beast? If you need thread loc give me a shout.

Cheers, Mylo:)

3. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers mylo:smashin:

I have 2 options, drill and tap the MDF but this could be a :censored: screwing them in. or drill 14mm holes fill with epoxy or the like...im still thinking this one out:)

4. banners

banners

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Taz, nice bit of industrial looking (over)engineering feet there! Why not ask the maker of the spikes to knock you up four corresponding top-hat style female parts? Then you just need a lock nut per piece to hold.
    Alternatively, if they are of a standard thread (M14?) purchase some nuts and counter bore a good push fit for them and epoxy in place. Again lock nuts to lock!

HTH Steve