Themscene H30 - making the picture smaller?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by key130, Jun 15, 2004.

1. key130

key130
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just took delivery of my H30 yesterday :D

Connected it to my laptop to see how the picture looks. Fantastic!

My question - how do I make the picture smaller? The projector is to be mounted on the back wall and beam the picture on the opposite wall. However, the image is too big! I reduced the manual zoom to the minimum.

Is there a way to make the picture smaller? :confused:

Thanks.
    Al.

2. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Try checking out the throw distance calculator for your model of projector on www.projectorcentral.com - this will tell you what minimum distance is required from the screen for any given size of screen - it may be that the H30 cannot do the size of image you require with the distance you have at your disposal.

EDIT - here is the link http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator.cfm Select Optoma and H30 and away you go! Its not always 100% accurate but it should give you a good idea

3. LongBow

LongBow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried setting the screen size to 16:9 in the menu. That way you could have a 4:3 image in a 16:9 frame. It will give you black bars on the left and right though.

Just a thought.

LongBow

4. key130

key130
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I looked at the calculator before. I always find it easier to try things out. Having re-checked the calculator, it doesn't seem it will go any smaller.

I also tried changing the viewing format options to 16:9, which is my preferred viewing format. The picture is still massive!!

I don't want to mount the projector on the ceiling to bring it any closer to the screen.

Right, have to find a large widescreen projection screen at a reasonable price - any suggestions?!

Thanks,

Al.