Themescene RD50 Fanpage with high resolution pics

hifiboom

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hallo all,

http://home.arcor.de/rd50info_site/

I did upload the homepage with Steve`s Rd50 pictures, so that all of you can view the pictures in high resolution. :thumbsup:

at the moment there are only two pictures. I know. But I hope we will change this.....

If anyone got a Rd50 and a good digicam:
Plz try to make some good cam shots and send it to following email, I will also upload them to the page. My goal is to make a good impression for all and everyone who is interested in buying the Rd50.
I live in Germany and I can hardly find a retailer that is selling this nice machine, not even to talk about a demo, what seems to be impossible in the south of Germany. :)

I think the situation in the UK is not much better. :rolleyes:

:clap: :hiya:
the email: [email protected]

Hello Hifiboom

I see someone took my suggestion of a pic site for these sets. :smashin:

By the way you have to zoom into the pic otherwise it looks poor. Only 838 x 553 otherwise. (at least it wasnt russel crow/gladiator)

Steve are the pics taken from a normal camera and then scanned into the pc or are they from a digital camera?

Well done Hifi :clap: :clap: :clap:

I compressed the pics a little bit, so there is lets say about 5% colour loss.2MB a pic would ruin my traffic and the time to load would be very bad.

By the way you have to zoom into the pic otherwise it looks poor. Only 838 x 553 otherwise.

go to the pic and click the maximize button. then you`ll see full picture sizing.......

Razor said:
Hello Hifiboom
I see someone took my suggestion of a pic site for these sets. :smashin:
By the way you have to zoom into the pic otherwise it looks poor. Only 838 x 553 otherwise. (at least it wasnt russel crow/gladiator)

Steve are the pics taken from a normal camera and then scanned into the pc or are they from a digital camera?
Well done Hifi :clap: :clap: :clap:
That Russell Crowe one i was using as wallpaper in the first shot remember the problems i was having when i got rid of theartetek & it screwed up windvd6 it's should look much darker.I think i took it with my film camera i'll have to check, if it was my film camera i just used the scanner
Hifi just sent first folder

hifiboom said:
uploading ..... .......DONE :rotfl:
hey Steve what setting did you use / what cam did you use fpr the kill bill shot. I woder why the colours look much better as on the other pictures....... :cool:
The picture was taken with my Canon film camera & scanned into the PC
I had a problem with the DVD software that weekend and all the pictures i took were missing detail in the blacks the pic is from Kill Bill 1 the fight in the caravan.
Think i'll have another go at it with my Canon. for some reason my digital camera seems great at taking photos of analogue BBC & ITV channells but really bad at DVDs & the photoshop PC ones. :cool: site

Think i'll have another go at it with my Canon. for some reason my digital camera seems great at taking photos of analogue BBC & ITV channells but really bad at DVDs & the photoshop PC ones.

quite strange. did you put some beer on the cam the last days ? hehehe :rolleyes:

Matty3 Folder is too bad quality and I won`t upload........ ;)

The rest I will upload tomorrow, we should get some other pics too.......

DVD movies of the highest quality :) :smashin: :smashin:

going to sleep :boring: the one hour jet lag ------ hehe

hifiboom said:
Ready for transfer............... :9

"Steve, beam them up!!!!!!!!!" :smashin:
Hifi my initial comments were hasty & partly down to the fact that i'm only using a 15" moniter so i've deleted them. The grain of the photo is made worse by Jpeg compression the picture as hifi put it up is fine any one using a 1024x768 screen which is what i'm using has to reduce the picture to 20%
to see all of the picture. :)

Steve have you got terminator 3 HD?

okay the first part on the homepage is to show small pictures that display very good your PC monitors and which load very fast......and they also don`t cause too much web traffic...... so more people will be able to see them. click on the index-picture

If you like to see some pics in special detail, just click on the large pic hyperlink below the index picture. the pics show much more detail....... These pics will cause much web traffic.......and may render the hompage unusable if to many user will dowload all pics in highresolution....
its only 160MB traffic for the rest of the month. ( about 300-400 hq picture downloads )

But nothing to worry about as on april, the 1st, it will reset to new 1000MB traffic which is about 2000-3000 highresolution picture downloads.....

:clap:

:hiya: have a nice weekend and fun with the pictures.................

http://home.arcor.de/rd50info_site/

Thats the same room used for the RD65, cheap skates you would of thought they would of used a different house lol....:)

Attachments

• rd65-3.jpg
    rd65-3.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 124
LOL... They have a PC connected up to the RD50. Obviously they know of the R1 judder.....

hi razor been reading a few of yr post regarding the optoma rd 65 av u sorted or heard ne thing regarding the ntsc prob as i am interested in 1 of these sets.i also presume u cant put ne av products underneath unlike the rd50 as there is no cabinet or does the front pull down.thanks in advance regadrs nickj.

Region 1 judder can be improved via a PC and powerstrip. The front pulls down to reveal a fully stocked drinks bar and a single garage for the weekend sports car.

Actually thats all lies theres is no room under the screen for av equipment. Just 2 fat speakers which never get used....lol ;)

thanks razor.wot is powerstrip pc software.also do u recommend this tv as i av been after a large projection tv 4 a while.regards nick.

Theres a hard question.

Yes and No.

Yes if you dont mind a HTPC in your lounge and your willing to take a risk with bad customer service. No if you have a big region 1 collection and cant live with a pc. Picture via Pal is the best I have seen. HD is evan better.

Powerstrip can set any refresh rate or resolution. This means you can convert a 60Hz source to 48.83hz and the judder is greatly reduced. Neat little program.
:)

cheers m8 dont no weather to go with this set or loewe articos 55 dlp?

I havent seen the Lowe so i can t comment. I have seen the Sim2 and i prefered the RD65. Its also 10' bigger which has a big impact on your viewing. My sugguestion is to view both sets and think hard. After all you dont want to be looking at the set you didnt buy 3-4 months later, wishing you had bought it instead.
The RD65 is a great large TV, it pictures are very impressive and it looks classy with a shiney piano black finish. If you dont have loads of region 1 dvds or dont mind a pc connected up to it then i would go for the RD65. If not then I would look else where.

Lets us know how you get on mate. :)

Hifi i missed out DVD's last time so i took some more Photo's.
let me know if u want me to upload them. :)

Attachments

• Contact Sheet_DVDs.jpg
    Contact Sheet_DVDs.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Glad_R1_DVI_9a copy.jpg
    Glad_R1_DVI_9a copy.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 96

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom