Themescene/optoma h56 v Sony hs20

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gorshin, May 20, 2004.

1. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone got any ideas one way or the other? I will be using Arcam's 79 player with hdmi output. I know the hs20 has mdmi input and the optoma has a dvi output. Will I be able to connect a hdmi into a dvi, or will I need an adaptor? If so is image quality compromised? When using hdmi will I be able to get 720p images?

I know both of these pjs are available of approx £1700 - 1800. Anyone got any ideas on which is best? I will have a blacked out room and am looking at a 72 inch screen with a viewing distance of 1.5x screensize. Help would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Also, do these 2 pjs offer a dramatically better image than z2 or ae500???? Both of which can be had for less than £1200! :confused:

2. Docta teef

Docta teef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I havent seen the hs20 but did view the hs10 at one point which i thought was rather good didnt show much signs of chicken wire and didnt struggle with backs much i had viewed the hs2 minutes before which i found dreadful, the girlfriend looking at the same time couldnt see a problem with the hs2 until we put on the hs20 when it stood out a mile.
    Having said that i then ended up with the h56 with which i am happy, my advice would be take a look at the h56 see if you have any rainbow problems (take anyone who is likely to view it a lot as well) if no rainbow problems go with that otherwise the hs20 (i assume much like the hs10) would be a good second choice. Also remember to take into account your throw distance and the picture size you want.