• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Themescene HD-80 configuration

max7

Standard Member
Hi, I have recently purchased the HD80 - out of the box the picture appears to be fantastic. I would however hate to think I am not getting the best I possibly can out of the pj.

Is it ethical on the forums to share configurations?

P.S I have dedicated light controlled room 18 feet by 11 feet sitting 14 feet away from a 7ft screen. The projector is ceiling mounted also at 14ft it is being fed from a HD XE1 HDDVD and a PS3. Sky HD is also being installed tomorrow.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
It would be far better to get a copy of DVE (Digital Video Essentials) to perform some basic calibration. Settings will vary between users due to the type of equipment used and their room.

An ISF calibration would ensure the absolute best settings for your equipment though. ;)

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
Other than sdb123s advice, you also could try sitting closer for a more immersive experience. Anywhere between 1 to 1.5 x screen width is closer to cinema seating distances and a 1080 pj should allow that unless you have better than average eyesight and screendoor becomes an issue.

Gary

RMGEE

One thing that I've found to improve the picture is image enhance, I changed mine from 0 to 1 and found the image to be alot sharper, apart from that the rest of the settings are pretty much standard.

Rich.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom