1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Themescene H77. A good choice? Fixed screen recommendations

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by charles, Jul 18, 2004.

1. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    On paper this projector seems amazing at the price with a 3500 .1 contrast ratio and 900 lumens output. Has anyone seen it working? Pleased to see that it has a DVI-HDCP connection.Is this basically the same as an HDMI connection or are there differences worthy of mention?
    I was going to purchase a Sim Domino 30 but this seems to be a far superior spec with a saving of around £2000!
    Would appreciate any screen recommendations.Looking for a fixed 7 foot 16X9 screen
    Many thanks.
    Charles

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I'm hoping my rep is bringing one along this week.
    That way I can do a direct comparison with the Sim2.

3. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Thanks for your reply.Would be very interested to know of your opinions having seen the H77
    Charles

4. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Have seen the Mitsubishi HC2000 which is very, very close to the Optoma. The Optoma doesn't have the 4x colur wheel option and uses very different firmware (notably different in the scaling category apparently). But given that I thought the HC2000 was a very good projector even without considering it's £5k price tag - the Optoma at £3.5k is going to be very hard to ignore!!

As for screens the Vutec is something I keep hearing nothing but good things on. Personally I wouldn't recomend the Silverstar unless you really have a need for daylight watching, but their standard screens are very, very good and nowhere near Stewart Filmscreen money