1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Themescene H57, RD50 and RD65 demo

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ntslik, Nov 5, 2004.

1. ntslik

ntslik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If you fancy checking out one of these fnatastic new models, they are going to be on demo at the What Hifi show at London’s Novotel West Hotel and Convention centre 5-7 November

Sorry for the late notice

2. ZeroEX

ZeroEX
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you seen the H57 yet?

I'm currently looking to buy either a Mitsubishi HC900, Sony HS50 or the Optoma H57.

Would like to hear your thoughts on this new model if possible and maybe any thoughts against the above.

Cheers

3. Scotlandgadgets

Scotlandgadgets

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would love to hear a reply on the H57 as i am seriously looking to get one in the next month. :hiya:

4. xaser1066

xaser1066

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went to the show today, quite a good spread of gear. I saw the H57 in a darkened projector room - it looked very good to my untrained eye. I could not see any rainbows (and I tried) contrast was very good with nice bright colours. It is only 1024x576 and after seeing the High Def stuff before on a H77 it looked more blocky as you might expect (but I am being very critical - it did look very good). The cream plastic body is a bit cheap looking though and it does not have any lens shift capability either. Wanted to see the HS50 but its not there !!!. Sony had a demo of blue ray High Def stuff and that looked great - should be out here in 2006 - so I need to get a High Def projector, the H57 is not so it will have to be the HS50. The blue ray stuff was demoed on a HS20 in a darkened room and that looked very good - if the HS50 is better than that I will be a happy bunny.

5. lw32

lw32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's the UK release date for the H57? All I've heard so far is sometime in November.

If it drags on into December that's gonna kill me.

:suicide:

6. ntslik

ntslik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    release should be very soon, anyday now

7. lw32

lw32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's great news. I can relax now! :)

Thanks. :thumbsup:

8. foghorn

foghorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Did any one else get a chance to see the H57 at the show. What was your overall impressions?

9. Lone Granger

Lone Granger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    i was told it was the 77 - I asked for HD source and it was the best image at the show - which I duly told the Sony Techs presenting the Blue Ray - feable demo with really poor image during the comparison presentation and no better than ThemeScene with 2nd half of demo - Sony blamed cheap projector and interconnects - Some way to trailer latest and greatest breaking technology.....